Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denzel Washington + Nicolas Winding Refn = THE EQUALIZER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denzel Washington + Nicolas Winding Refn = THE EQUALIZER!!

With LOGAN'S RUN currently stalled following Ryan Gosling's departure, Nicolas Winding Refn went ahead and found another project to keep himself busy while the search for a leading man continued. Variety reports that Refn will be the guy to take the reins of Sony's big screen adaptation of the 80s TV show THE EQUALIZER, which Denzel Washington has been in front of for quite some time.

Edward Woodward played the lead on the TV series, a role Washington would fill as Sony views this as the start of a potential franchise, built around a former covert ops officer who fights injustice on behalf of those who can't do it for themselves.

THE EQUALIZER has been in development for a decent period of time with Washington on-board, but it's been the directorial search that's been holding up the process as of late. Now that Refn looks to be involved, Sony is hoping to ramp up into production by late Spring, with a script already in place.
    This has just jumped up a few places in my gotta see movies list!

Yeah this has gone from "un-necessary" to "interesting" in the blink of an eye.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

They need Denzel to be in "calm" mode for it.......The Equaliser does NOT need an angry black man as the lead!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
        Yeah this has gone from "un-necessary" to "interesting" in the blink of an eye.
        My thoughts exactly.

Which reminds me, I must buy the fourth season of THE EQUALIZER on DVD.
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Fair to say at this stage it will probably be NOTHING like the original series...

Comment

I can't stand Denzel. Nicholas Winding Refn makes it interesting, though.

Comment

Nicholas Winding Refn is terrific and knows how to get interesting performances out of actors (look at Albert Brooks in DRIVE) so even though I'm not big on Denzel this could still be interesting.

I still think this should have been cast with Ian McShane or Brian Cox however - it works best with the Brit touch. The real bummer is the loss of Gosling for LOGAN'S RUN - that's a movie that could use a terrific updating and that was a dream team.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                My thoughts exactly.

Which reminds me, I must buy the fourth season of THE EQUALIZER on DVD.
                Indeed. Woodward's ghost demands it!

Comment

Refn should have done a PUSHER part 4 as a blaxploitation film set in downtown Copenhagen with Denzel Washington as a drag queen junkie who goes on a revenge spree.
                  2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                    I can't stand Denzel. Nicholas Winding Refn makes it interesting, though.
                    Don't diss The Denz!!!!

Comment

He's the exact same actor in every film he's in. Drives me crazy.

And i can't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                        He's the exact same actor in every film he's in. Drives me crazy.

And i can't help myself.
                        Yeah, him and fucking Tom Hanks. Same role every film. And boring safe films for the most part to.

Comment

Denzel Washington + Nicolas Winding Refn = THE EQUALIZER!!

What always annoyed me about Denzel was his totally humorless persona. It's like somebody told him he was the role model for the African American male community and that meant he had to act all sanctimonious and never crack a smile.

He's loosened up a bit in recent years and I can tolerate him now but he'll never be as annoying as Hanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
                            What always annoyed me about Denzel was his totally humorless persona. It's like somebody told him he was the role model for the African American male community and that meant he had to act all sanctimonious and never crack a smile.

He's loosened up a bit in recent years and I can tolerate him now but he'll never be as annoying as Hanks.
                            True. Hanks is easily the gold medal winner in this category.

Comment

Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                              True. Hanks is easily the gold medal winner in this category.
                              Jeez, the black man in America just cannot catch a break. I did not see Hanks winning this one, but I guess that's racism for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X