Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Satisfying Instance Of Cinematic Comeuppance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Satisfying Instance Of Cinematic Comeuppance?

For me it's the scene from Twelve O'Clock High when Gregory Peck, after making life a continuous hell for the airmen under his command throughout the film, himself finally succumbs to the same stresses that broke the back of his predecessor. It's such a wonderful and thoroughly enjoyable scene that I wish it was allowed to go on a little longer.

So anybody else have a favorite scene where some deserving bastard gets theirs?

The douchebag who gets curb stomped by Rollergirl in BOOGIE NIGHTS maybe didn't quite deserve such a savage beating but it was a great tension release for the viewer.

Rocky DeSade's comeuppance in FEMMES DE SADE is a doozie.

The bullies in LET THE RIGHT ONE IN get it good. That's my pick.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

The ending of the Warriors - you just know it's gonna end bad for this guy...
        Attached Files
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'd also add John Tuturro's much deserved demise at the end of Miller's Crossing to this list as well.

Comment

Johnny from I Spit on Your Grave.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

LAST HOUSE...when ALL the bad ones got it....especially when HESS gets it!!...He played the part so well, it felt good when he got it....

FIRST BLOOD...the cops kinda deserved it!

Comment

The hall of mirrors scene in Enter The Dragon is all kinds of awesome too. I mean, you know Bruce is gonna pull it off, but it builds really well and when it finally happens it's kind of cathartic.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Spent some time mulling this over and I think my pick is Charles Laughton's much deserved mob beat-down death in ISLAND OF LOST SOULS. The evil bastard certainly had it coming and the beasts got some overdue payback.
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Having watched that fairly recently, yeah, that's a damn good choice.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Dr. Carrington getting smacked by the Thing in THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD.

"I'm a scientist, a scientist I tells you!" SMACK!
                      "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Working...
                      X