FilmArt working on THE MURDER CLINIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
    I'm expecting this in the next few days as well. I have the CR disc and a fan made one (think I got that from you, Gary), hopefully this will surpass those two. I also have an old copy from ETC...it's gotta at least top that one, ha.
    You probably did if it is the one with two versions on it. Don't remember where it came from.

I also have a pretty decent dvd-r picked up from Ioffer.com from a few years ago that is anamorphic with the English track. Maybe it will be a few steps up from that.
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
      You probably did if it is the one with two versions on it. Don't remember where it came from.

I also have a pretty decent dvd-r picked up from Ioffer.com from a few years ago that is anamorphic with the English track. Maybe it will be a few steps up from that.
      The two version disc is actually the one from ETC - I bought that from Craig and then traded you a copy. That was way back at Maniacs probably 04 or 05. You traded me another version a few years ago, probably that Ioffer one you speak of. It was anamorphic and in English. Amazing how many versions we've got now considering this film was rare as hen's teeth at one point, haha.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

FilmArt working on THE MURDER CLINIC

The new disc isn't so bad given what's been available up to now (haven't seen the Code Red disc though). It's a bit soft and earthy, but detail is much improved and I found it perfectly watchable. There are a few jumps/missing frames etc, some hiss and a brief scene where the English track reverts to German dialogue (no English subs). Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.

Comment

I still haven't had chance to watch my copy of this release yet, but considering the previous versions of the film that I've seen looked as if they'd been dragged through a hedge backwards, I'm sure FilmArt's Blu will be an improvement
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
            The two version disc is actually the one from ETC - I bought that from Craig and then traded you a copy. That was way back at Maniacs probably 04 or 05. You traded me another version a few years ago, probably that Ioffer one you speak of. It was anamorphic and in English. Amazing how many versions we've got now considering this film was rare as hen's teeth at one point, haha.
            Oops. I can't remember shit anymore but you're right on Clinic.

Sort of like my quest with Lady Frankenstein. I must have 5 different versions laying around here!
            "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
              Unfortunately, the quality on this disc is hardly better than DVD.
              I agree, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. you couldn't even compare it to one of those awful raro transfers (noisy grain and DNR) the image quality is just flat and blurred - like a DVD. but it's probably the best this flick has ever looked (beats my fan version) and the color timing is really nice, almost "bavaesque"!

Comment

Too bad we didn't get a cheaper DVD option.

Comment

I'm happy with this overall. It's no demo disc for sure but as has been mentioned, it's way better than what's been available. The booklet is very cool - lots of lobby cards and posters as well as stills and pressbook material.
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Working...
                  X