Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exterminators of the Year 3000 & Cruel Jaws Double Feature Blu-ray coming from Scream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterminators of the Year 3000 & Cruel Jaws Double Feature Blu-ray coming from Scream

- **NEW TITLE ANNOUNCE** On March 3, we present a double feature of two notorious Italian-made exploitation films that are about as cheesy, entertaining and “rip-offish” as it gets: 1983's EXTERMINATORS OF THE YEAR 3000 and 1995's CRUEL JAWS will be paired together, both for the first time on the blu-ray format. Pre-order now@ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/ac...double-feature and receive it two weeks early!

Damn...
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

CRUEL JAWS is amazing as an Italian made rip-off...Dont think I have seen EXTERMINATORS though.....

Wished they had been brave enough to leave it as Jaws 5: Cruel Jaws, as it was known in many places!

Comment

Exterminators is probably one of the best Italian Post Apoc/Mad Max ripoff films. On par with 2020 Texas Gladiators I think.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          Exterminators is probably one of the best Italian Post Apoc/Mad Max ripoff films. On par with 2020 Texas Gladiators I think.
          I HAVE seen 2020 TEXAS GLADIATORS.....So, judging from your comparison, I really need to see this one too!:up:

Comment

Exterminators of the Year 3000 won't be on the Blu for the first time though since this will be out in two weeks:

Amazon says only German audio though so...

Comment

I like EXTERMINATORS... a lot, it'll be nice to have a proper OAR BD of it. CRUEL JAWS on blu? The end times are upon us. Goofy as hell...not really one of my favorite Italian shark opuses. It'll be interesting to see what, if any, extras they come up with.
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                CRUEL JAWS on blu? The end times are upon us. Goofy as hell...not really one of my favorite Italian shark opuses. It'll be interesting to see what, if any, extras they come up with.
                Yeah...would be nice if they had some of the problems that it faced upon initial release.....as well as maybe an interview with Spielberg and his thoughts on part 5!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                  Yeah...would be nice if they had some of the problems that it faced upon initial release.....as well as maybe an interview with Spielberg and his thoughts on part 5!
                  I think you're thinking of Castellari's THE LAST SHARK aka GREAT WHITE. CRUEL JAWS was a day late and a dollar short as far as any controversy re: JAWS. It does pilfer footage from THE LAST SHARK, among others...
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Shit..maybe I am getting confused n my old age....

Pretty sure this was marketed under the JAWS 5 moniker...but I guess it was the OTHER film THE LAST SHARK that ran into the legal wrangles....

and, as it was from MATTEI I am assuming that he shot absolutely NO SHARK FOOTAGE at all himself and just STOLE IT ALL...as usual!!!:up:

Comment

THIS is more likely what I was confused about...i NEED this.... LAST SHARK aka GREAT WHITE!!

On March 5, 2013, RetroVision Entertainment released the first official DVD release of the film in the United States since the film's banning. The film comes with restored colors, along with special features, including the short documentary Great White: The Legacy - 30 Years Later and rare theatrical trailers. The DVD is limited edition Region 0, and only 500 copies were manufactured. It is only able to be purchased online. [6]

Comment

Well, that was quick.

"**UPDATE: Sorry guys, Cruel Jaws has fallen into legal hell due to footage owned by Universal. I hadn't been this excited for a title in ages Hopefully we can still count on Exterminators, but no official word yet**"
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Damn, I was hoping that it would at least get released before those dongs at Universal noticed it.

Comment

More....

"We are sorry to report the following news but the Bruno Mattei film CRUEL JAWS will not be coming out as a double feature with EXTERMINATORS OF THE YEAR 3000 next year as originally planned. EXTERMINATORS will now be a standalone blu-ray release at a lower price.

It came to our attention through several of our fans that CRUEL had several scenes in it of unauthorized footage from Jaws 1-3 and other Italian-made shark films that makes it impossible for us to release this in the U.S. & Canada without risking legal ramifications. We gave serious thought about editing out the material of course, but it's quite a bit of scenes to remove and we knew ultimately that doing that would not satisfy the film's fans or new ones we wanted to attract.

Again we apologize for getting hopes up on releasing this cult curiosity. We were also looking forward to it and no one is more bummed about it than us for having to turn tables so quickly after announcing it.

New pre-order links for EXTERMINATORS OF THE YEAR 3000 (which is a fun film in its own right) should be up soon or next week. Street date is still 3/3/15."
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Man, people if you'd have kept your damn mouths shut, you could have bought multiple copies and when Universal forced Scream to recall the Blu-ray you would be sitting on a bunch of collector's items.

Ah well, at least EXTERMINATORS is still happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X