Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warner Bros. Releasing Get Carter On Blu-ray!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warner Bros. Releasing Get Carter On Blu-ray!

It's the original, not the remake.

From Blu-ray.com...

Click image for larger version

Name:	rf14.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	363866

Hopefully Point Blank won't be too far behind. I always kinda lump those two movies together in my head for whatever reason.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Love this movie!!!

Never saw the Stallone one...Too scared!!!

Classic era Michael Caine is unbeatable in my book......even JAWS THE REVENGE!!!

Comment

This is great fucking news. I love this film, and crime films in general from this time. While some of today's turn out to be very good, there's just something bleak and downbeat about those late 60s/early 70s ones that you can't recapture.

I'd love to see Warner release some blu-rays of some of the Warner Archive stuff (slim hopes but ya gotta dream, dammit!) - THE OUTFIT, SITTING TARGET, THE SQUEEZE...
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Wonderful news! I was using this in a class a few weeks back and wondering when (if) it would hit Blu.
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Jolly good news indeed.

Ahh, the seventies ....
          "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
          - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

When I saw the thread title I was so scared it was going to be the remake and you were deliberately fucking with us.

Comment

Name:	72327_10151883448417992_721032330_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	344888
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That cover tells you everything you need to know before watching the movie...Awesome:up:

Comment

god, I LOVE this film ....
                  "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                  - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss~!

Comment

The word on the street seems to be that both the US and UK Blu-rays include only the US dub (with the changes in the opening sequence - 'stark bollock naked with 'is socks still on' becomes the clumsy 'bare-assed [not arsed] naked with his socks still on', for example).

The Warner Blu-ray of PERFORMANCE (another favourite of mine) seems similarly afflicted, if what is being said about it on the Internet is accurate, also containing the US dub.

What a bloody palaver!
                      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Started watching this. So far, so good. I just kept thinking throughout that Michael Caine is so my impression of what you are in real life, Paul. It's funny the things you think about people you've never met.
                        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                          Started watching this. So far, so good. I just kept thinking throughout that Michael Caine is so my impression of what you are in real life, Paul. It's funny the things you think about people you've never met.

The UK release has been held back, apparently, as Warner Bros are reissuing the disc minus the lines dubbed for the US release (where, in the opening scene, a few lines were changed - for example, the phrase 'stark bollock naked' became 'bare assed naked', as I recall from watching the US dub a few years back). I'm waiting for that reissue before buying this, but looking forward to seeing it in HD nonetheless :)
                          Paul L
                          Scholar of Sleaze
                          Last edited by Paul L; 06-23-2014, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Press release!

Michael Caine in
                            GET CARTER
                            A film by Mike Hodges
                            Co-starring Ian Hendry, John Osborne & Britt Ekland

BFI 2-disc Limited Edition UHD – only 10,000 copies available & 2-disc Limited Edition Blu-ray – only 5,000 copies available, released on 25 July 2022

Michael Caine is Jack Carter, the London gangland enforcer who returns to his hometown of Newcastle to investigate his brother’s death. Rarely has the criminal underworld been so realistically portrayed as in this 1971 masterpiece, directed by Mike Hodges from his own screenplay of the novel Jack Returns Home by Ted Lewis. Shot on location, resulting in a devastatingly authentic snapshot of life in the north east of England, GET CARTER remains arguably the grittiest and greatest of all British crime films.

Newly restored in 4K from the original camera negative by the BFI, and approved by director Mike Hodges, GET CARTER is back, and looking and sounding better than ever. It will be released by the BFI in partnership with Warner Bros. Entertainment UK Ltd on both UHD and Blu-ray on 25 July 2022 with an incredible collection of extras. Both formats are packaged inside rigid slipcases and come with an 80-page perfect-bound book, a double-sided poster featuring the original UK quad and the 2022 re-release artwork and a set of four postcards featuring iconic scenes from the film.

Special features
                            • UHD - 4K (2160p) presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
                            • Blu-ray - presented in High Definition
                            • Newly recorded introduction by Michael Caine (2022, 3 mins)
                            • Audio commentary featuring Mike Hodges, Michael Caine and Wolfgang Suschitzky (2000)
                            • Audio commentary featuring Kim Newman and Barry Forshaw (2022)
                            • Isolated score by Roy Budd
                            • Mike Hodges in Conversation (2022, 60 mins): the director discusses his career in this interview recorded at BFI Southbank
                            • Klinger on Klinger (2022, 24 mins): Tony Klinger recalls and evaluates the career of his father, Michael Klinger, Producer of Get Carter
                            • Don’t Trust Boys (2022, 22 mins): actor Petra Markham reflects upon her career on stage and screen, and recalls her role in Get Carter
                            • The Sound of Roy Budd (2022, 17 mins): Jonny Trunk explores the varied career of Roy Budd, and revisits his iconic score for Get Carter
                            • BBC Look North location report (1970, 5 mins)
                            • Roy Budd Plays ‘Get Carter’ (1971, 4 mins)
                            • Michael Caine’s message to premiere attendees (1971, 1 min)
                            • The Ship Hotel – Tyne Main (1967, 33 mins): Philip Trevelyan’s evocative documentary film about a pub on the banks of the River Tyne
                            • International trailer (1971)
                            • Re-release trailer (2022)
                            • Script gallery
                            • ***First pressing only*** 80-page book with a new essays by Mark Kermode and Tim Pelan; Alex Cox’s introduction to the 1990 Moviedrome TV broadcast; an essay on composer Rod Budd and interviews with contemporary musicians/soundtrack composers by Jason Wood; biographies of Mike Hodges and Michael Caine by John Oliver; an extract from Michael Caine’s autobiography What’s It All About; credits and notes on the special features and restoration

Product details
                            UHD RRP: £34.99 / Cat. no. BFIU0003 / 18
                            UK / 1971 / colour / 111 mins / English language, with optional subtitles for the Deaf and partial hearing, and audio description / original aspect ratio 1.85:1 // Disc 1: UHD100, 2160p, 24fps, PCM 2.0 mono audio | Disc 2: BD25, 1080p, 24fps, Dolby Digital audio

Blu-ray RRP: £29.99 / Cat. no. BFIB1465 / 18
                            UK / 1971 / colour / 111 mins / English language, with optional subtitles for the Deaf and partial hearing, and audio description / original aspect ratio 1.85:1 // Disc 1: BD50, 1080p, 24fps, PCM 2.0 mono audio | Disc 2: BD25, 1080p, 24fps, Dolby Digital audio

Order from the BFI Shop here:
                            UHD: https://shop.bfi.org.uk/get-carter-4...d-edition.html
                            Blu-ray: https://shop.bfi.org.uk/get-carter-blu-ray.html

Name:	get.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	395540
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Director Mike Hodges has passed away at 90.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/m...er-1235466719/
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X