Jess Franco Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Severin will do it justice.

Has anyone tried to contact Ramon Ardid for an interview? He seems like an easy-going chap judging by his appearances in Franco's films. Even though Jess did steal his bird, I'm sure time has been a great healer. Failing that, he's probably got tons of unseen behind-the-scenes photos stored somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
      Severin have it. There are at least three different cuts of the film known, the longest of which runs about 100 minutes. Last I heard they were trying to get this longest version for release. They did have Shining sex listed on a flyer or trade mag (cant remember which). This would imply that they at least have something scheduled. But these things have a habbit of falling into hiatus. Its an oddball of a film, but a good oddball. It was made the same year as Midnight Party. The film Justine that was a D'amato reworking of Julietta 69 has a lot of redubbed footage from Shining sex. That was releasedon dvd by Cinesexy in Italy and its nice release.
      Three films high on my Franco want list, for sure. I've seen them all but would love to see the prints cleaned up.
      "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
      -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Originally posted by Epic Bisto View Post
        Yeah, Severin will do it justice.

Has anyone tried to contact Ramon Ardid for an interview? He seems like an easy-going chap judging by his appearances in Franco's films. Even though Jess did steal his bird, I'm sure time has been a great healer. Failing that, he's probably got tons of unseen behind-the-scenes photos stored somewhere.
        I once compared Franco, Romay and Ardid to Fritz Lang, Thea Von Harbou and Rudoplh Klien-Rogge behind the scenes of Metropolis...

Comment

• Shining Sex is an amazing film, and I do hope that Severin can release the uncut version in excellent condition. Also there is a fan sub version out there of the Sexy Nature cut of Countess Perverse. I own a copy of it.
          https://lightandshadowcinematicmusings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by cmeffa View Post
            Shining Sex is an amazing film, and I do hope that Severin can release the uncut version in excellent condition. Also there is a fan sub version out there of the Sexy Nature cut of Countess Perverse. I own a copy of it.
            Severin has always released films uncut, haven't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
              Severin has always released films uncut, haven't they?
              Pretty much yes, but its not really a case of the film being uncut. Like a lot of Franco's Shining sex exists in various versions. Who is to say which version is uncut and which isn't. They are different edits and possible even different footage. There is a hardcore version, a version that exits in that "middle ground" so to speak and a shorter version, but which one is Franco's real version? Only the man himself would have probably answered that. As it stands the general consensus is that the longest version is the preferred choice, so I guess that is what Severin are trying to get.

Comment

• Understood. I think if possible Severin will release various versions if they have the elements.

Comment

• What's happening with Stephen Thrower's second Franco book?

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Meteor View Post
                    What's happening with Stephen Thrower's second Franco book?
                    There's no fixed date yet. Amazon now have the date as 25/12 (which apparently isn't a Jesus joke), but that's just a placeholder.
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• I don't recall SHINING SEX having any hardcore, nor any explicit shots.
                      Is my memory failing?
                      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
                        I don't recall SHINING SEX having any hardcore, nor any explicit shots.
                        Is my memory failing?
                        In the version I've seen there are explicit cunnilingus close-ups at one point. I just watched again for research purposes!
                        agent999
                        Last edited by agent999; 06-18-2018, 11:55 AM.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                          There's no fixed date yet. Amazon now have the date as 25/12 (which apparently isn't a Jesus joke), but that's just a placeholder.
                          So that's what happened to it! I had it on pre-order and now it's back to out of stock.

Comment

• Stephen will announce when its near to release. Later this year more than likely.

Comment

• Sinner and Lorna Blu-ray pre-orders are live at lechatquefume

Comment

• Here's the link: https://lechatquifumedvd.com/fr/nos-...ss-franco.html

Comment

Working...
                                X