DEVIL STORY - French dvd now available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEVIL STORY - French dvd now available

Didn't see a thread about this here, so... French company Sheep Tapes has released a special edition, sorta English friendly DVD of DEVIL STORY:

http://www.sheep-tapes.fr/devil_story/

I got my copy from them last week, but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. The movie is anamorphic widescreen and has the French & English soundtracks. No subs unfortunately. There is also a doc and more for extras. I've emailed with Martin at ST and they are trying to work out something with a US company for a release (I know Severin was one company that showed some interest apparently). Shipping is a bit expensive from France but the disc can be ordered direct from their site I linked to. Also, Diabolik got it in as well.

Here's some videos on YouTube from Sheep Tapes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht2TLMu61Ug
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXiYxRiBU9E

No idea what the Hell they're saying but it's French, so it must be some classy shit, right? Oh and frank Henenlotter is even in the doc.

French review with screen caps: http://www.ecranbis.com/2011/08/devi...-critique.html

bgart13
    Last edited by bgart13; 09-18-2011, 07:13 PM.

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is something I thought I'd never see on DVD, let alone with English options.

If you love 'so bad it's good' Eurocult in the vein of Burial Ground and Zombie Lake this is a must watch.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I don't know anything about this movie, and yet I feel the need to own it.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's got a Nazi monster/zombie, a creepy hotel, a black horse, a black cat, a mummy (yes, a mummy), his ladyfriend, a pirate ship and a fair amount of blood -- all this in the French countryside (go figure). Very ridiculous and awesome -- I watched it last night and enjoyed it quite a bit! It's just over an hour long, so you get in and out fast.

The picture quality is pretty good, about in line with other Eurocine movies (like some of the Image Euroshock dvds). The English track goes out of sync for a section of the movie, maybe for about five minutes (out of sync by about 5 seconds). Otherwise, it's perfectly acceptable. Wonder how much more looney it'd be watching it in French without subs...
        bgart13
        Last edited by bgart13; 09-19-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I assume the extra's aren't subbed? I'd just be curious about the history of Eurocine and how they did business.

Comment

There's an issue of Video Watchdog where they interview the family behind EuroCine - it's a very good read.
            Let's just get high and fuck some sluts

Comment

Nope, no English subs for any extras. The bits with Frank Henenlotter are fun to listen to, he's so animated and nutty! Like I said, though, Martin @ Sheep Tapes said he had been speaking with Severin and is trying to get a US/English-friendly release out there. I think Severin, Synapse and Mondo Macabro are perfect for DEVIL STORY. Just a matter of convincing a company to release it, then getting everything subtitled and paying for rights.

Btw, I asked Martin about them releasing OGROFF - THE MAD MUTILATOR, and he said that the fella who made it wants a fair amount of money for it. But, he said he'd try talking to him and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post

Btw, I asked Martin about them releasing OGROFF - THE MAD MUTILATOR, and he said that the fella who made it wants a fair amount of money for it. But, he said he'd try talking to him and see what happens.
                Well Feck, I just looked that one up on Cinemageddon. Looks good! Hope it's good. Did anyone post the Video Watchdog Eurocine article anywhere? I've always had a fascination with Eurocine since they were the bottom of the barrel of Eurocult production houses, and that's a pretty amazing feet considering... I think Giallo in Venice has higher production values than the bulk of Eurocine's catalog.
                Alex K.
                Last edited by Alex K.; 09-19-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I just picked up the CMV Laservision hardbook release at The Archive yesterday. For $15, I figured I had to.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I need to get the soundtrack of this as I have the first 2 Omega Productions soundtracks.

Comment

Working...
                    X