More Raro Titles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    To Be Twenty and The Secret of Dorian Gray are in the works for Blu for 2016.
    Crazy. Cant see them selling many of those.

Comment

• From FB:

"HITCH HIKE will be shipped next week ,THE PERFUME OF THE LADY IN BLACK -BR will be ready in two weeks. Thanks for your patience & support."
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Raro has become one of those companies that I always wait for reviews for before upgrading anything. If it's a new release that no other company has put out and are unlikely to ever get out in the future, well then I'll buy Raro's release (almost) regardless of quality. For instance, I doubt we'll se many other releases of Play Motel or Blue Movie, so those I've bought practically blind.

It's very sad that Raro don't seem to care about the quality of the transfers, as I otherwise really like the company. During the DVD era they released so many extremely hard to find films (like the Di Leo catalogue for instance), and they have such a great catalogue of film rights to the rare side of Italian genre cinema, that few other companies can compete with them on that arena. I also really like the physical look of their releases, though that's of course not very important.

Would love to upgrade both Perfume and To Be Twenty, great films both of them, but I'll have to wait for reviews. Same with Hitch Hike, but I'll probably buy it if they have the Italian language track (which the old BU DVD didn't have IIRC). Hiw was the 88 Films release of that one?

Comment

• From FB:

"2016 future releases:
          Revenge of the Blood Beast(Il lago di Satana )
          BR & DVD -New (organic) HD transfer
          Directed by Michael Reeves
          Starring Barbara Steele"

Click image for larger version

Name:	12294651_1069237106454286_5335897948666431614_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	349491
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I'm assuming organic means not completely ballsed up, which would be a welcome change. I do get a lot of the Raro titles as they're mostly not released by anyone else, but am usually disappointed when watching them. The Blu Ray collecting obsessive in me usually wins out against the voice telling me to stick with the DVD.
            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• From FB:

Coming soon
              Revenge of the Blood Beast(Il lago di Satana )
              BR & DVD -New (organic) HD transfer
              Directed by Michael Reeves
              Starring Barbara Steele

Name:	12342325_1072378766140120_3386727821757373548_n.jpg
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	349516
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Huh. I wonder if they got the materials from Dark Sky/MPI. I'm hesitant to upgrade on this, as my first viewing was the DS dvd and it looks really good. But I really do like this movie a lot, the humor is great and it's a fun one. Then there's Raro's really inconsistent track record. Sigh.

Comment

• Blu sounds tempting, the DS DVD is OK but if these guys pull off a top notch transfer & encode...
                  oh...but....it's Raro.
                  https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• No details yet but Raro put out this image on Twitter saying that it was coming soon...

Name:	CdsAJAuUYAEdsjn.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	350219
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Opinions are all over the place on NAPOLI, but it sounds like something I'd be interested in checking out. If nothing else, you apparently get to see him singing with his punk band during the end credits (a tune called "King of New York")!
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Fall 2017.

Name:	DEoLNHEUwAAZzC2.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	352687
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          Fall 2017.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18345[/ATTACH]
                          Looks like a 2 disc set, so hoping both versions are on the release.

Comment

• I love To Be Twenty and La Seduzione (which I believe Raro are also putting out on BD). Great films, rather underrated in the Di Leo canon.

Comment

• Looks like the To Be Twenty Blu-ray is shipping now, at least according to some posts on br.com.

https://www.rarovideousa.com/films/to-be-twenty
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Secret Of Dorian Gray is getting a reissue.

https://amzn.to/2S7bCkS

Name:	811gc3bl0iL._SX466_.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	355050
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X