Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kino Lorber Releasing Fantomas (1960s) Collection!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kino Lorber Releasing Fantomas (1960s) Collection!

This makes me very happy.

No official details yet, just this Amazon listing.

https://amzn.to/2TE6k0D

Looks like it is due 4/30/19 and will contain Fantomas, Fantomas Unleashed and Fantomas vs. Scotland Yard.

Pierre Souvestre's Fantí´mas was originally adapted for the screen by legendary filmmaker Louis Feuillade (Les vampires) in 1913. André Hunebelle (OSS 117: Mission for a Killer) introduced a revamped and modernized version of Fantí´mas to the 1960s OSS 117 and 007 audience. All three films starred the great Jean Marais (Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast) as Fantí´mas, a criminal mastermind and man of a thousand faces. The three films co-starred Louis de Funí¨s as Le commissaire Juve, Mylí¨ne Demongeot as Hélí¨ne, Jacques Dynam as L'inspecteur Bertrand and Robert Dalban as Le directeur du journal. The first film, Fantomas (Fantí´mas), was released in 1964, followed by Fantomas Unleashed (Fantí´mas se déchaí®ne) in 1965 and Fantomas vs. Scotland Yard (Fantí´mas contre Scotland Yard) in 1967. All three films were beautifully shot in 'Scope, the first two in Eastmancolor and the finale in Technicolor.

Special Features:
    -Trailers for Fantomas
    -Fantomas Unleashed
    -Fantomas vs. Scotland Yard
    -OSS 117 Is Unleashed
    -OSS 117: Panic in Bangkok
    -OSS 117: Mission For a Killer
    -The Sicilian Clan
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

These are sooo much fun. I love them. I bought all the french english friendly blu-ray's so I'm good. Doubt I'll need to double dip on these.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fantom.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	355575
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Tim Lucas (Fantomas '64)
        • Trailer for Fantí´mas (1964), Fantí´mas Unleashed (1965), Fantí´mas vs. Scotland Yard (1967) and more
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hmm... Odd cover choice. Fantomas face is both recognizable and arresting as an image. Seems like a no-brainer but then again I don't design blu-ray covers for a living. The Tim Lucas commentary is enticing but why only on the first film.
          https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

It looks like it's taken from an original one sheet image, but I agree - you'd think they'd put use more recognizable imagery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fantomas-movie-poster-1964-1010738442.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	355578
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Kino replied to a comment I made about the English dub(s) on their FB announcement. They said the dub tracks are lost for all three. Maybe someone with prints will come forward.

Comment

Working...
              X