THE TRAIL OF BLOOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE TRAIL OF BLOOD

I remember renting THE TRAIL OF BLOOD locally or from Netflix. I remember nothing about it other than it was pretty violent! I can't find any copies of the dvd other than one over-priced dvd on eBay.

Anyone have it & can post some details/opinions? I'm about to check youtube for scenes or a trailer...

http://www.amazon.com/Trail-Blood-Yo.../dp/B000GNOH6E
    Keeth
    Last edited by Keeth; 03-20-2015, 02:10 PM.

It should be OOP, that's why you can't find it so easily.

It's a pretty decent piece of trashy 70s revenge chambara starring the charismatic and underrated Yoshio Harada. Not among the best films in the genre, but enjoyable nevertheless. The second film in the series a bit weaker IMO; however, the third one is really good with great story and snowy winter landscapes (always a good thing).

If you like these kind of films, I highly recommend Demon Spies, which is lovely piece of 70s ninja exploitation. Its smuttiness gets lovelier every time I see it. I think it's OOP but you can still get it for cheap
    - http://www.amazon.com/Demon-Spies-Hi...dp/B0009NZ774/

Comment

It's definitely OOP but I would have never thought it'd have much value. I do remember missing out on a used copy locally. When I went back for it, I couldn't find it.

I'll check out DEMON SPIES.

Comment

I found an ex-rental dvd for $1.99!

The store also had "Slaughter in the Snow" which seems to be the 2nd film. I think I rented it so I'll grab it next time I'm in.

I also found Female Scorpion 701: The Grudge Song for the same price.
        Keeth
        Last edited by Keeth; 05-16-2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Slaughter in the Snow is the third film (and my favourite of the three). Fearless Avenger is the second.

Comment

Fearless Avenger doesn't look familiar at all but when I go back, I'll be sure to look for it. Meant to check in today but didn't have time. The store had a lot of ex-rental Asian films for sale. I saw Shogun's Ninja, too, but I had to double-check to see if I already had it.

*I picked up Slaughter in the Snow
            Keeth
            Last edited by Keeth; 05-21-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X