Issue with Arrow Films - STRAY CAT ROCK Limited Edition dual format box set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Arrow Films - STRAY CAT ROCK Limited Edition dual format box set

Upon finally receiving my Stray Cat Rock dual format box set from Zaavi, I realized the collectible booklet mentioned on the back cover was missing. I was pissed since it took forever for this to be finally released and now I was missing the booklet on top of the long wait! So I emailed Arrow directly and was informed of the following:

Due to some severe faults at the manufacturing plant, all of our copies of Stray Cat Rock: The Collection have had a 15 cert printed on them instead of the accurate 18 and some copies are also missing the collectors booklet.

To ensure that all copies are corrected, we have had to recall all of the box sets so a new sleeve can be reprinted and the booklets reinserted. Unfortunately this means that the release date has had to be pushed back to October 27th.

We can only apologise that this release has been fraught with delays and rest assured we are trying our hardest to ensure that this situation is rectified as soon as possible...

If you do receive a copy with the inaccurate certification information or without a booklet please contact the manufacturer direct via email: enfield.customerservices@sonydadc.com or by telephone: 0870 241 5160 who will be able to assist you.

I got in touch with sonydadc and they said my replacement box and the missing booklet will be dispatched right away. No hassles with having to provide proof of purchase either. :up:

Same here! I'll shoot them an email in the morning. Glad to hear they're sorting it out nicely :)
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
      Same here! I'll shoot them an email in the morning. Glad to hear they're sorting it out nicely :)
      yeah looks like Arrow finally got in the corrected stock last week, so I expect sonydac will be mailing out the missing booklet and corrected case pretty soon.

Comment

Good response from ARROW on this issue...but it does lead me to wonder why companies dont have someone in QUALITY CONTROL or at least to check shot like this doesn't happen...it must cost them a forune to redo stuff at this late stage and then ship the replacements / booklets etc...Problems with packaging / booklets etc wouldnt take much for someone to have a lok before shipping and say "Hey, wait a minute..."

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
          Good response from ARROW on this issue...but it does lead me to wonder why companies dont have someone in QUALITY CONTROL or at least to check shot like this doesn't happen...it must cost them a forune to redo stuff at this late stage and then ship the replacements / booklets etc...Problems with packaging / booklets etc wouldnt take much for someone to have a lok before shipping and say "Hey, wait a minute..."
          I agree. Poor QC on this one. Zaavi dropped the ball big time by sending out the faulty stock to fulfill pre-orders even though Arrow requested all stock be recalled to correct the issue. I wish I had ordered it directly from Arrow or Amazon to have avoided this whole mess in the first place.

Comment

Received the replacement box and booklet today. It was mailed in a plain envelope & was postmarked 10/23 by Royal Mail -- not bad considering it only took less than 4 days to get to me here in the US. :up:

Comment

Got mine through direct from Arrow, nice tease at the back of the booklet.........more Meiko Kaji coming soon !

Comment

Zavvi had no stock on this yesterday when I went to order it (I had a coupon, dammit!) so I just ordered from Arrow directly instead. That should assure I get the correct version I'd guess.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Jones View Post
                  Got mine through direct from Arrow, nice tease at the back of the booklet.........more Meiko Kaji coming soon !
                  Details for the impatient?
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    Details for the impatient?
                    I wish i knew Ian but it has to be one of these, a 'Female Convict: Scorpion' set, 'Wandering Ginza Butterfly' set, 'Jeans Blues' or perhaps 'Mini Skirt Lynchers' as that's a Nikkatsu title like what they're currently releasing....but your guess is as good as mine ! I really hope they've got some Toei titles lined up !
                    Adrian Jones
                    Last edited by Adrian Jones; 11-05-2014, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I would be extremely interested in MINI SKIRT LYNCHERS.

Comment

Probably not going to be a Toei title, but I'd love to see them releasing Toei films. Actually, I just emailed them and suggested Sonny Chiba's best film, Wolfguy: Enraged Lycanthrope (1975), for a release.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
                          I would be extremely interested in MINI SKIRT LYNCHERS.
                          Me too, did it even get a Japanese VHS release?

Comment

Originally posted by Takuma View Post
                            Probably not going to be a Toei title, but I'd love to see them releasing Toei films. Actually, I just emailed them and suggested Sonny Chiba's best film, Wolfguy: Enraged Lycanthrope (1975), for a release.
                            That would be one of my dream releases as well, along with 'Battles Without Honor and Humanity', a 'Girl Boss Blues' set, a 'Terrifying Girls High School' set and Fukasaku's long suppressed [by the Mishima estate] 'Black Lizard' [Shochiku studio's] .......i can dream !
                            Adrian Jones
                            Last edited by Adrian Jones; 11-05-2014, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Jones View Post
                              That would be one of my dream releases as well, along with 'Battles Without Honor and Humanity', a 'Girl Boss Blues' set, a 'Terrifying Girls High School' set and Fukasaku's long suppressed [by the Mishima estate] 'Black Lizard' [Shochiku studio's] .......i can dream !
                              ditto

Comment

Working...
                              X