• A Tale Of Two Sisters Coming To Blu-ray

Yep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sisters.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	363578
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

What's the difference between the regular Tartan blu ray of this title & this "black" edition?

Comment

No idea. A black case I guess? That and it's a US release not a UK release.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The black case is pretty cool looking but not enough to get me to double dip but this movie is the one that got me hooked on Kim Ji Woon. I give Kim Ji Woon a blanket recommendation & pretty much enjoyed everything that he was put out with the possible exception of his Hollywood debut, THE LAST STAND -- although that flick had its moments for sure. I wish someone put out his debut, THE QUIET FAMILY on blu. I only have the Tai Seng version that you reviewed a few years back...nice review btw. :up:

Comment

Thanks, that was a solid movie. I'd upgrade on that one too.

And I liked The Last Stand :)
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There's a special edition Korean Blu-ray coming soon too.

http://www.yesasia.com/a-tale-of-two...0-en/info.html

And it does have English subs, though from my experience with Korean discs they probably won't cover the extras, just the movie.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

And it does have English subs, though from my experience with Korean discs they probably won't cover the extras, just the movie.
              Yep, agree with this....

And also sometimes there is an English -friendly release of the SAME extras when it gets picked up overseas...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                There's a special edition Korean Blu-ray coming soon too.

http://www.yesasia.com/a-tale-of-two...0-en/info.html

I'm tempted to buy the Korean blu ray since the Black edition steelbook from Tartan is probably going to be same crap transfer they used on the UK disc.

Comment

erratum: not sure why I typed steelbook in my earlier reply as the new Tartan Black editions have slipcovers. :cuckoo: anyway, I also read that the kimchidvd might get an exclusive version of Tale of Two Sisters blu ray with some extras but I can't find the link now? I think it was on hidefninja but not sure? Might hold off for that one if it's the same price.

While on the topic of Tartan, I'm still debating whether to pre-order the 10th anniversary edition of OLD BOY. I have to research whether there are any extras to make it worth double dipping or if it's just released to pander to the inevitable demand once the remake hits theaters and the shiny black packaging.

Comment

I've decided to pre-order the Contents Zone blu of AToTS. In addition to the PQ, the packaging looks heaps better than the Tartan Release and I don't care if the extras are not subbed as I still have the 2 disc DVD for the supplemental features.

Comment

The problem with Korean / Japanese special editions is ...YOU JUST DONT NEED ALL THAT CRAP THEY PUT IN IT!!!

Comment

OK, so obvioulsy the Tartan release has been pushed back. The Amazon listing has disappeared.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I read somewhere - blu-ray.com perhaps? - that Tartan is holding off to use the new HD transfer that is on that Korean release. Could always be worse reasons, so it's a little hard to be upset, right?

Comment

If that's the case, it'll probably be worth waiting for (as it won't be a regurgitation of the icky previous BD transfer).
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                              The problem with Korean / Japanese special editions is ...YOU JUST DONT NEED ALL THAT CRAP THEY PUT IN IT!!!
                              yeah, so apparently the exclusive kimchi dvd limited edition version will be a digipak with bonus photo cards as opposed to the amaray with slipcover which is available now. Not really a big deal but I think I'll hold out for the kimchidvd exclusive which should be up for pre-order soon. Either R3 version looks heaps better than the Tartan Palisades packaging IMHO & worth the few dollars difference in cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X