Bad Religion - True North 1/22/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Religion - True North 1/22/13

I haven't been excited about a new Bad Religion album in a while and thought that the last one was pretty terrible but what I'm hearing off of this new one, due out next week, I'm liking.

The whole thing can be streamed via the band's official youtube channel.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've only heard one song so far, and just pre-ordered from www.badreligion.com. It was actually cheaper to buy and ship to Canada than amazon was, go figure.

Comment

Maybe if you're lucky you'll get a special personalized thank you from Greg Graffin on his webcam.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        Maybe if you're lucky you'll get a special personalized thank you from Greg Graffin on his webcam.
        nah, I think you have to order the vinyl package with the BR watch to get that. I just got the CD. I'll ask my ex-wife when hers shows up, though.

Comment

I don't get the need for 3 guitars in a punk band.

Comment

Well, Mr. Brett quit. He left and they got Brian Baker. Then Mr. Brett came back. And he's a songwriter. But you don't just kick Brian Baker out of a band. That's Brian Minor Threat Samhain Dag Nasty Baker. He's the man. And since Brett doesn't like to tour, they have 2 live guitarists, which is perfect.

All kidding aside, they're each such radically different players, stylistically, that they make it work.

Comment

Oh, I know the history of why they have three guitarists, I used to be a huge BR fan (but stopped paying any attention after Stranger Than Fiction, for obvious reasons...). But I have little appreciation for Brian Baker (Dag Nasty = damn terrible!). Didn't know Mr. Brett didn't tour. Must be a hard life, playing in a band, running a record company, and making lots of money...

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                Oh, I know the history of why they have three guitarists, I used to be a huge BR fan (but stopped paying any attention after Stranger Than Fiction, for obvious reasons...). But I have little appreciation for Brian Baker (Dag Nasty = damn terrible!). Didn't know Mr. Brett didn't tour. Must be a hard life, playing in a band, running a record company, and making lots of money...
                That whole crack addiction didn't help, I'm sure. :-D

I'm not big on Dag Nasty, but I love me some Minor Threat.

Comment

They're playing NYC on 3/23/13 with Against Me! and Polar Bear Club, both of whom I dig.

I think we will go to this show.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, i'll more than likely catch them in Toronto this time around. There was a time when I saw every local Bad Religion show...I think that i saw them about 4 times on the Process of Belief tour.....and it got a little stale. It's been a few years, though.

Comment

I haven't seen them since Recipte For Hate!
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I haven't seen them since Recipte For Hate!
                        I'm surprised. I heard they did 3 nights in NYC, one of them was up to Against the No Control, the next night was up to the Gray Race, and the one after that was all of the newer stuff up to Dissent. Third night would've been right up your alley. :-D

Comment

Yeah, that was 2-3 years back and I thought about going but for whatever reason decided against it.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

LOL

I wish they were selling a non-limited version of the Crossbuster watch. I want one but not enough to drop almost 100 bucks.

Comment

Spin's got a decent interview with Brett Gurewitz online today here.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X