Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Dead TV Series Announced - Ash Vs. The Evil Dead

Source.

"Evil Dead" will live again -- this time on TV.

Sam Raimi revealed at Comic Con that the cult horror franchise is being resurrected -- again -- for an upcoming TV series.

"I always love working on that series," he said. "My brother [Ivan Raimi] and I are writing the Evil Dead TV show right now. Weird, but true. With Bruce Campbell."

The news was revealed during a surprise Sony panel for the video game adaptation "The Last of Us," which Raimi will produce.

No more details about the potential series have been announced, and it's unclear if Campbell will appear in the series, or just serve behind the scenes.

Raimi directed micro-budget horror hit "The Evil Dead" in 1981 and followed it up with two sequels -- 1987's "Evil Dead 2" and 1992's time traveling "Army of Darkness." Campbell starred as the bumbling hero Ash in all three films.

Raimi and Campbell have been talking about making a fourth film for years, and they produced the 2013 reboot -- featuring new characters -- together. It starred Jane Levy, Shiloh Fernandez and Lou Taylor Pucci and was directed by Fede Alvarez.

Best known for the "Spider-Man" trilogy, Raimi most recently directed "Oz the Great and Powerful."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oh----------MY--------GOD

Could be AWESOME...Could be a TRAINWRECK.

Hopefully it will be on a channel that gives a shit...

Comment

Bruce Campbell said on twitter that he's going to be starring in it.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        Bruce Campbell said on twitter that he's going to be starring in it.
        A week later he'll say that's wrong and it isn't happening.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Ha, yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
            A week later he'll say that's wrong and it isn't happening.
            I bet they release ANOTHER blu / dvd version of the EVIL DEAD TRILOGY to coincide with this!!

EVIL DEAD on tv could be good...I guess they will stick to the ARMY OF DARKNESS style rather than the original pair.....

Comment

Barf. No thanks.

Comment

That and every show that stars Bruce (and I said "star" and not when he's co-starring or an on-going guest) is cancelled after 1 season.

Comment

Source.

The "Evil Dead" TV series is a go at Starz in 2015 with Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert onboard as executive producers and Bruce Campbell starring, taking on his original role as Ash Williams.

Officially titled "Ash Vs. Evil Dead," the 10-episode series will look in on Ash Williams, "stockboy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead." However, when a new Deadite plague is set to destroy humanity, Ash needs to get back into gear to take down the undead menace and vanquish his personal demons.

"Evil Dead has always been a blast. Bruce, Rob, and I are thrilled to have the opportunity to tell the next chapter in Ash's lame, but heroic saga," Raimi said via press release. "With his chainsaw arm and his 'boomstick,' Ash is back to kick some monster butt. And brother, this time there's a truckload of it."

"I'm really excited to bring this series to the 'Evil Dead' fans worldwide," said Campbell. "It's going to be everything they have been clamoring for: serious deadite ass-kicking and plenty of outrageous humor."

Raimi revealed he was writing an "Evil Dead" television series during Comic-Con International 2014, though he offered no other details.

It won't actually be Campbell's first time back as Ash Williams in the "Evil Dead" franchise. Following the credits of Fede Alverez's 2013 film reboot, Campbell appeared very briefly, uttering the character's catchphrase, "Groovy." It's unknown whether the Starz television series will reference Alvarez's reboot, or where exactly it will fall in the film's continuity.

"Ash Vs. Evil Dead" will hit Starz in 2015.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I was just about to post that link. It's better than nothing and the good news is since it's on Starz they can show whatever they want.

Comment

I will be watching it....good or bad!!:up:

Comment

"Back in November, horror fans collectively peed their pants when Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell officially announced Ash vs. Evil Dead, a 10-episode series set to debut on Starz in 2015.

In the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, Campbell elaborates more, stating that the series will revolve around an older Ash taking on a new Deadite plague and his own personal demons, specifically “survivor's guilt.” The 30-minute show will also feature two young co-stars (Campbell wants Jennifer Lawrence) who help Ash out as it expands on the world Evil Dead.

Campbell explained to EW that another film would have been too expensive, but the series will allow them to do what they want and more importantly, give the fans what they want."

Source.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

30 minutes? I was expecting an hour long show.

Comment

"Bruce Campbell has offered up a few words on his return as Ash, and his two new cast members in Ray Santiago (Touch) and Dana DeLorenzo (A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas)."

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/0...evil-dead.html

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/902...dread-central/
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Lucy Lawless confirmed as a cast member.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/lucy...C3dvuWsV4Ig.99
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X