No announcement yet.

Westworld Coming To HBO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well... what the fuck was that? Season 1 ended in an awkward spot that left me wondering how they were going to make an entertaining season 2. But while I couldn't really see how you get a tv show out of that scenario I had no doubt at all that they had it in the bag. Season 1 was so intricately planned I just knew they would have to have 2 all worked out.

"Anthony Hopkins came up to me and said 'Ed, what the hell's going on?' He was so relieved when I told him I didn't have a clue." Ed Harris.

Yeah no kidding Ed. The whole things back and forth in time. In virtual reality, real reality, people get killed, then people come back back, maybe they are back in some else's body. And who can make heads or tails of this nonsense? It's all so frustratingly opaque. More than that you realise watching it that all this nonsense is to obfuscate the fact that we have ten hours of telly here and about two hours of plot and the things they still left hanging! Raj world, Samurai world. They pop in, they pop out, no real purpose to them and you wonder what the point was.

The ending feels like the end of the show but I'm told there will be a season 3. I still have faith they can they can get this concept back in order.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
        The only annoyance is the lack of resolution at the end. I wanted this to be a self contained story. Certainly it never seems like something that has legs for multiple seasons. And the ending kind of kills off everything that was interesting and leaves you with the show I expected this to be from the start. I'm sure they'll wow me with new tricks when it comes back but I have 9 months of frustration till then.
        I watched and loved Season 1 but I just couldn't muster any enthusiasm up to watch Season 2. And I feel the same way about Season 3. I agree with your points above. I wanted this to be a complete story. I wonder if the success it initially found caused it to go off the rails early by trying to make something more out of it than was originally intended? Either way I just don't care, especially as they get further away from the Western setting and into a weird meta corporate thing. They had a great story watching Ed Harris try and figure things out. Now they seem in search of a story and a protagonist and I wonder why I should still care?
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

I've just started season one and finished the first dvd. So far I'm enjoying it. Hopefully that will continue.
          "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Renewed for season four, will probably run six season total.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/32...-for-season-4/
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm kind of surprised. I'm stuck a few episodes into season 3. If I get this far I like to see a series though but the show has become borderline unwatchable. Season 2 was the most confusing thing on telly. Season 3 feels like an entirely new show but one weighted down by the all the convoluted machinations of th first two. I do love looking at the 3d model work but that's close to the only draw at the moment.
              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

S4 postponed due to positive covid test.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/westworl...ve-covid-test/
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There's going to be a season 4?!

Comment

S1-4 UHD boxed set coming in November from WB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	310232396_531917315562851_4422598872958015820_n.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	401630
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"Even more surprising though is that it was also announced that HBO series Westworld and The Nevers would also be leaving HBO Max. The departure of Westworld, in particular, from HBO Max’s servers is a real shock to the streaming system. Though not as beloved in its latter years, the first season of the show was among the most-watched series ever on HBO and remains a big part of the legendary network’s history.

While Westworld may have already been canceled prior to this curious streaming decision, The Nevers wasn’t. In fact, The Nevers still has an entire second half of its first season that has yet to air on HBO Max. According to Deadline, these series may appear on other company platforms such as Free As-supported Streaming TV (FAST) channels, but the willingness to scrap anything from HBO Max to save a buck does not bode well for the future of the streaming service."

More here:

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/if-west...ax-nothing-is/
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        "Even more surprising though is that it was also announced that HBO series Westworld and The Nevers would also be leaving HBO Max. The departure of Westworld, in particular, from HBO Max’s servers is a real shock to the streaming system. Though not as beloved in its latter years, the first season of the show was among the most-watched series ever on HBO and remains a big part of the legendary network’s history.

While Westworld may have already been canceled prior to this curious streaming decision, The Nevers wasn’t. In fact, The Nevers still has an entire second half of its first season that has yet to air on HBO Max. According to Deadline, these series may appear on other company platforms such as Free As-supported Streaming TV (FAST) channels, but the willingness to scrap anything from HBO Max to save a buck does not bode well for the future of the streaming service."

More here:

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/if-west...ax-nothing-is/
                        It is also speculated that this could be due to Nolan and his producing partners having signed a big contract with Amazon, and possible ownership issues regarding the Westworld series.
                        Darcy Parker
                        Last edited by Darcy Parker; 12-14-2022, 06:27 PM.

Comment

This is nuts. By the time Zaslav's done cutting costs there's going to be nothing left of HBO Warners. This show went off the road spectacularly but making it homeless is extreme.

Comment

Poor Minx though.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                              Poor Minx though.
                              I actually got to quite liking Minx. Hell of a lot of cock in it but for a girls show it had it's moments.

Comment

Working...
                              X