Grimm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimm

The first season of this can be bought fairly cheaply (on Blu-ray) in the UK at the moment. I haven't seen any of the series, but I've heard good things about it. Anyone care to sell me on that Blu-ray boxed set? Has anybody here seen the show? Is it worth my time?
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

My girlfriend loves it. I think it's one of the most useless things on TV. Really bad, low budget effects, and dumbass story lines with bad acting.

Comment

It may have gotten better over time, but I watched the first few episodes and hated it. Picture the X-Files, if instead of it being FBI agents it was a douchebag with a really confusing contradictory backstory, and instead of interesting mysteries it was just a different guy with a CGI monster head every week.

Hated it.

Comment

It hasn't changed.

Comment

I tried watching it when it first started, since it is shot here in Portland. I soon realized that I was more interested in location spotting and was losing track of the storylines, so I stopped watching it. Overall it was too much "monster of the week" and "everyone has special powers" for me to buy into it.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, chaps :) I'll consider myself warned off. I'd had some strong recommendations, but not necessarily from people whose tastes I share. I don't mind 'monster of the week' (KOLCHAK, I love) but 'everyone has special powers' is a bit out of left-field for me ;) I didn't want to miss out on something that I may have enjoyed. (I've avoided quite a few shows due to prejudging them, only years later to have found them to be much better than I expected.)
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
            X