Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Action Star Wars TV Show In The Works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Action Star Wars TV Show In The Works?

It sounds like it.

From ComingSoon.net:

"IGN Television spoke with ABC President Paul Lee and got an interesting update on a live action Star Wars television show:

At the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today, I asked Disney president Paul Lee about the possibility of Star Wars on ABC. While Lee wouldn't give any specifics, he did say, "I certainly have a glint in my eye. They have a lot on their plate when you look at the features that they're planning on rolling out for the next few years, but we've started conversations with them."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Cassian Andor from Rogue One is getting his own series on Disney's new streaming service.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/star...ries-announced
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Because no one's suffering from Star Wars overload.

How about a series based on the backstory of that Jawa that sounds like they're saying 'here comes the window cleaner'? I feel like I don't know enough about them. 24 episodes should do it.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Some preview images and more details on the series.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/andor-ne...-art-released/
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Cassian Andor from Rogue One is getting his own series on Disney's new streaming service.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/star...ries-announced
          They really need to stop with anything related to the sequel trilogy. It was ALL shit.

Comment

I believe this is a spinoff from Rogue One, not the sequel trilogy.

This is from the same guy who did the great Michael Clayton strangely enough, although I think he also did that fun Cruise sf film about time loops as well, unless I'm confusing him with someone else.

Comment

"Live Action Star Wars TV Show In The Works?" seems such a quaint thread title now.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                I believe this is a spinoff from Rogue One, not the sequel trilogy.

This is from the same guy who did the great Michael Clayton strangely enough, although I think he also did that fun Cruise sf film about time loops as well, unless I'm confusing him with someone else.
                It may be slightly above the shit line, in that case. Rogue One was the only good new Star Wars they've made, and even it was just above ok, but had some great moments that made a bigger impression.

Comment

I think the reason why Rogue One was the only truly good Disney Star Wars movie was because it respected the original, not subverting it just to shit out a script and meet an arbitrary deadline. Episodes 8 and 9 couldn't even be bothered to respect the preceding one. They clearly had nothing planned, even the prequels at least were working towards a set goal. The fact that this has been in development for four years may mean they're learning?

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                    I think the reason why Rogue One was the only truly good Disney Star Wars movie was because it respected the original, not subverting it just to shit out a script and meet an arbitrary deadline. Episodes 8 and 9 couldn't even be bothered to respect the preceding one. They clearly had nothing planned, even the prequels at least were working towards a set goal. The fact that this has been in development for four years may mean they're learning?
                    In an interview I heard with JJ Abrams, he said that there was an outline he had given Rian Johnson for what the intended storyline for Episode VII was to be, but Johnson tore it up and deliberately made a movie intended to piss off Star Wars fans. Great choice he was for a director!

What I felt make Rogue One work was seeing the rebellion through the eyes of normal grunts. In all the rest of Star Wars, you see important and powerful people doing superhuman things, but in Rogue One, you see a group of human beings putting their lives down for the cause they are fighting for.

Comment

Halfway through the Andor TV series and I think they’re absolutely knocking this one outta the park. While “Andor” is a reasonable name for the series - he’s the main character, more or less - I wish it was something more like “Dawn of the Rebellion”, since this is far more about the early days of the uprising against the Empire and you really don’t have to know a damn thing about Cassian Andor or have seen Rogue One to appreciate the show.

Instead, in addition to his origin story, you’re getting a look at the societal details of the Star Wars universe about five years before the original trilogy, ranging from life in the corporate sector, middle-management in-fighting within the Imperial bureaucracy, the political situation, and more. It’s got a heavy dose of folks having tense conversations and is far more of a political thriller than a family action-adventure series. That said, it also has moments where fighting breaks out, daring escapes, capers being executed, and folks with blasters blazing away at each other - though, I’m relieved to say, so far there has yet to be even a mention of a lightsaber, which is a nice change of pace.

The entire cast is killing it, especially Stellan Skarsgård who is very happy to upstage Diego Luna on his own show. And the show just looks terrific, with a visual style that is similar to Rogue One, tons of design detail that fleshes out the original trilogy era, and lots of shooting on location so things don’t always look like they were filmed on a CG assisted sound stage. The sixth episode just aired and was the best hour of Star Wars on screen since 1983, so I’d certainly reccomend Andor to anyone interested in a sort of prestige television take on the franchise. The caveat is that the first three episodes feel like they were structured as a movie and then given three kinda arbitrary stopping points to break things up into a TV series, so if you do give the show a shot keep that in mind.

Comment

Andor Season Two confirmed for 2024. Filming has already started and should be completed by August.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Andor S02: Tony Gilroy "Ceasing All Non-Writing Producing Functions:

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/andor-s0...ing-functions/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That'll learn 'em!

The two viewers will be disappointed.

It's not like these writers are working down a coal mine, nevermind the poor fuckers who work on these shows on a considerably smaller salary now without an income.

Comment

I was having a look into what the strike is all about yesterday. My takeaway, it's going to be a long 'un.

The studios are looking at the writers going, do we even need these fucks anymore now that I can ask the AI to give me a sexed up horror comedy Sci Fi blockbuster in the style of Roald Dahl with a cracking role for Justin Beiber.

Meanwhile the writers are asking for guaranteed jobs even when they're not needed. Or especially when they are not needed. For instance Mike White writes White Lotus all on his lonesome, the writers guild is insisting that HBO would have to employ 5 full time writers to NOT work alongside him. And employment doesn't finish when the scripts are finished. Basically writing tv shows used to be an all year job when you were shooting 24 episodes a year. Now a show can be 6 episodes. Not as much guaranteed work.

Anyway, there's a ton of stuff they don't have a basis for compromise on and I'm thinking it's going to be a longtime until we see new Stranger Things.
                              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                              X