No announcement yet.

From Dusk Till Dawn - The TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks weird in a weird way....kinda going for a more active off-kilter type vibe.....

Not sure I like the Tarantino one-liners being replayed for no reason...and STILL not sure how this is gonna play out...There MAY be a decent story in there somewhere...but the trailer is a bit vague on details...

Comment

There's a new interview online at Shock Till You Drop with Rodriguez here.

Ryan Turek: We've seen this world expanded before in remakes. But it looks like you're remaking the first film and then using it as a jumping off point, am I wrong in that? I read earlier that you said this new series is more of a novel as opposed to a short story…

Robert Rodriguez: This only takes into account the first film, the Quentin Tarantino script. Taking that script and treating it as if that was a short story and this series is a novel. So, we're expanding characters and expanding the storyline. Adding new characters, adding different trajectories and different outcomes for characters and a bunch of new stuff. In Quentin's script for instance, they went to a bar in Mexico but Mexico wasn't really taken into account. When I read the script the first time I said I wanted to research the Aztec and Mayan mythologies, if there's anything similar to the vampire cult that we could base the mythology on - that's where the snake iconography came from and the end of the movie with the temple in the back. There wasn't a whole lot of room, the way the original script was written, to put a bunch of stuff in. I wanted to hint there was a little more there and people really liked that last shot. It was a seed I planted without knowing it. And years and years later, when I got my own network, I thought the first show we should do was From Dusk Till Dawn because it was a fan favorite and a known title. It was such a known network, I needed to find something that would entice people to see the network out. It just felt there was so much that could be explored. You could look at that pyramid in the movie and imagine what was going on in there for a television series.

More at the link.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Apparently this is now going to premiere on March 12 as a Netflix Original Series.

All the details on the premiere are here.
        It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

I read that the Netflix deal was only outside the US http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/06/f...eries-netflix/

Comment

http://www.avclub.com/review/tv-rema...campaign=feeds
            "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyBeat View Post
              I read that the Netflix deal was only outside the US http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/06/f...eries-netflix/
              Makes sense. I don't think the El Rey Network is available in Canada.

Comment

For how negative this review is I'm surprised she gave it a B-. Letter grades are weird.

Comment

Evidently it's done well enough that El Ray has ordered a second season.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...awn-the-series
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Apparently the El Ray Network has had some really great movie marathons. They had a Gordon Liu marathon just recently. I wish we had this channel in Canada.

Comment

I don't really enjoy the show. I'm following it to see if it goes anywhere, but I find both of the leads....annoying. The Richie character looks like a Cillian Murphy wannabe acting as a Tarantino wannabe, and the Clooney wannabe is driving me crazy everytime he opens his mouth. But...we'll see.

Comment

Not watched it yet...no real interest in it...

I do like the El Rey Network for the most part though. Has potential.

Comment

Gotta admire their marketing tactics...

Click image for larger version

Name:	fdtd-callher.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	346143
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is disappointing. I don't get the approach the shows taking. It's kind of the TV version of the Hobbit movies. An acceptable story dragged out to insane length with lots of dull diversion from the original text that add nothing. Watching actors who aren't Clooney and Tarantino doing approximations of their performances is very odd as well. Don't really see why they didn't just do an entirely new story set at the Titty Twister. Which I assume is what series 2 will need to be. I might tune in again then.
                            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I can't get past the Clooney guy. He sorta looks like Clooney, but it's the fact that he delivers his dialogue exactly like Clooney does in the movie. I don't know why you wouldn't bother trying to put your own spin on it. I do like Robert Patrick better than Keitel, and I do like the daughter better than Juliet Lewis (not a stretch), but the rest of it isn't doing it for me. I'll follow it to the end of the season, and then probably forget to watch it next season.

Comment

Fangoria says Danny Trejo will be headlining S2.

http://www.fangoria.com/new/will-dan...wn-the-series/
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X