Banshee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banshee

Anyone else watching this show on Cinemax?

The main story is of a guy who upon release from prison makes his way to a small Pennsylvania town where, thru a ridiculous series of events, he assumes the identity of the new sheriff. Add on top of that a local (ex-Amish) crime boss, the fact that everyone from bikers to Amish to Native Americans in this town seems to be an elite kung fu fighter, over the top sex scenes happening at the drop of a hat & Ben Cross as a psychotic Russian crime boss.
    I don't think I've liked a show that was this stupidly unbelievable since the first season of Renegade.

The first episode can be streamed from Cinemax's site.

Originally posted by MonkeyBeat View Post
    I don't think I've liked a show that was this stupidly unbelievable since the first season of Renegade.
    You have my attention. I've never heard of this.

That gif is going to give me a seizure.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

HBO's press release for the upcoming DVD/Blu-ray release:

BANSHEE: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

Available July 30, 2013 on Blu-rayâ„¢ with Digital Copy, DVD & Digital Download
      Loaded with Exclusive Bonus Content

New York, N.Y., May 2, 2013 - "Addictive" (GQ) and "wickedly fun" (Entertainment Weekly), Banshee is an "action fan's dream come true" (New York Post). Suspenseful and highly entertaining, the new Cinemax® series follows an ex-con who assumes the identity of the sheriff of a small town where he continues his criminal activities, even as he's hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier. Banshee: The Complete First Season will be available July 30, 2013 on Blu-ray with Digital Copy ($49.99), DVD ($39.98) and Digital Download and features extensive extra features.

Season one of the series begins with a bizarre twist of fate as a recently paroled master thief assumes the identity of Lucas Hood, sheriff-in-waiting of Banshee, Pa., the same town where his former partner and lover Carrie relocated and remarried years ago. Keeping his history a secret as he awaits forged papers from an old associate, Lucas befriends boxer-turned-bartender Sugar Bates and settles into his new life. Itching for the thrill of thievery and yearning for Carrie, Lucas inadvertently gets tangled up in the rampant corruption of shunned Amish gangster Kai Proctor while keeping a vigilant eye out for Mr. Rabbit, the New York mob boss who wants revenge against Lucas and Carrie for the jewel heist that landed Lucas in prison.

Blu-ray with Digital Copy Bonus Features (including all DVD features):

Inside the Title Sequence - uncover the clues behind each episode's opening title sequence with this interactive feature.
      Reveal the Code - discover the true meaning behind the code that starts each episode.
      Banshee: Origins comic book - get the full story on Lucas Hood's past.

DVD Bonus Features

NYC Bus Crash - a look inside the special effects process of one of the series' most explosive scenes.
      Town of Secrets - show creators give an insider's guide to the town's darkest and most twisted secrets.
      Banshee Origins - find out backstory with over a dozen prequel videos featuring the cast.
      Zooming In: Episodes 7 & 8 - go on set with the cast to see how key, adrenaline-filled scenes were created.
      Audio Commentaries - six commentaries with cast and crew including executive producers Jonathan Trooper and Greg Yaitanes, director SJ Clarkson, cast members Antony Starr, Ivana Milicevic, Lili Simmons and more.
      Deleted Scenes
      Episode Recaps
      Season 2 Tease Trailer

Banshee is the latest, original primetime drama from Cinemax and the first to be wholly created in-house with Emmy® and Oscar® winner Alan Ball (HBO® series True Blood® and Six Feet Under®, American Beauty) as executive producer, along with Greg Yaitanes, Peter Macdissi, Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler. The series stars Antony Starr as Lucas, Ivana Milicevic as Carrie, Ulrich Thomsen as Proctor, an intimidating, wealthy local businessman who believes he is above the law; Frankie Faison as Sugar Bates, Rus Blackwell as Gulf War hero Gordon Hopewell, Banshee's district attorney and Carrie's husband, Ryann Shane as Deva, Carrie's rebellious daughter, Hoon Lee as Job, a dangerous transvestite computer hacker who assists Lucas in his criminal enterprises and Ben Cross as Mr. Rabbit.

Banshee: The Complete First Season
      Blu-ray with Digital Copy & DVD
      Street Date: July 30, 2013
      Order Date: June 25, 2013
      Rating: TV-MA
      Runtime: Approx. 600 minutes (excluding bonus features)
      Price: $49.99 Blu-ray with Digital Copy (4 discs)
      Price: $39.98 DVD (4 discs)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2873.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	343415
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Never heard of this.....Sounds absoloutely bonkers!!!

Need to check this one out ASAP....

Comment

Finally a TV program for men! Just watched the first episode of this and enjoyed it. Crazy as advertised and on an inpressively large scale as well. There's a sad tale behind this show though. It seems the cameraman had to sell his tri-pod to cover costs on his Pakinsons treatment. I'm pretty hungover which no doubt didn't help but I've got such a severe case of motion sickness from that episode so I can't see myself checking out any more installments. Which is sad 'cause I liked it.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

My folks are visiting and my Dad's talking up this show, thoroughly enjoying it. He has surprisingly solid testosterone-laden recommendations for a 70-year-old farmer.
            It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

When talking about this show we can now refer to it as "The Emmy Nominated Series Banshee"

http://www.avclub.com/articles/cinem...-stunt,100093/

Comment

Somehow I missed seeing this when it was posted a few weeks back for Comic-Con. It looks like it ain't coming back until 2014. So now you all have time to catch up.

Comment

And I'm gonna do that at some point. This looks like fun.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Still looking to forward to seeing this at some point.....

Comment

I can't believe this plays on televison. It's sickeningly violent, gratuitously sexual and would be banned outright in any sort of decent society. I love it. I struggled to make it through the first episode because of the way the camera jiggles up and down but either it settles down a bit or I've built up a resistance because I don't notice it as much anymore. Still hate that camera angle they do where the camera is lurking behind a bush or a pole like it's a POV shot (but it aint) but I can live with it. Pumped for season 2.
                        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                          I can't believe this plays on television. It's sickeningly violent, gratuitously sexual and would be banned outright in any sort of decent society.
                          DOM...You have just bumped this up to the top of my (very large) TO WATCH list....

Comment

A good show, make sure to check this one out.
                            do yourself a favor and click this...

Comment

Anyone catch episode 5 of the new series- enigmatically titled something like The Truth About Unicorns despite not featuring a single unicorn. Felt like a modern tv rip off of 70s American rip offs of 60s French new wave crim films. You know, like say Point Blank. A little forced but pretty great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X