Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In The Flesh - The BBC Getting In On The Zombie Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In The Flesh - The BBC Getting In On The Zombie Game?

Some info here.

From the press release:

In The Flesh is an exciting new three-part drama for BBC Three that tells the story of zombie teenager Kieren Walker (Luke Newberry) and his reintegration back into both the local community and the heart of his family.

After his death four years ago, his friends and family thought they'd never see Kieren again. But then, shortly after his funeral, thousands of the dead were re-animated; and now, after months of re-habilitation and medication, the zombies are gradually being returned to their homes.

Now known as PDS sufferers (Partially Deceased Syndrome) - and since the passing of the PDS Protection act - the government have set an agenda of acceptance and tolerance, one that is at odds with the communities abandoned at the time of the rising, and the bloody battle between zombies and humans that ensued.

A cauldron of brutal anti-zombie sentiment and the source of the 'rotter' hating Human Volunteer Force (HVF), Kieren returns to his home in the rural village of Roarton. Here he is forced to confront his family, the community that rejected him and the flashbacks that continue to haunt him of what he did in his untreated state.

Kieren's parents, Steve (Steve Cooper) and Sue (Marie Critchley), are undoubtedly pleased to see him, but his sister, Jem (Harriet Cains), isn't so ready to pick up where they left off.

Meanwhile, the HVF, led by violent Bill Macy (Steve Evets) and backed by local churchman Vicar Oddie (Kenneth Cranham), are ready to take action against any PDS Sufferer reintegrated on their patch.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I hear 'BBC Three', and I think 'Rubbish' Their track record isn't very good, heavily oriented towards an urban 'yoof' demographic. I might check this out, but won't expect too much from it.

Jeremy Paxman on BBC Three:
    Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze
    Last edited by Paul L; 02-25-2013, 11:09 AM.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

There's an advance review up here (spoiler free) for the first episode.

Meh.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Another fairly bland promo spot for this.

I think whatever middling interest I had in this is more or less gone at this point.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I watched the first episode last night and I have to agree with the "meh". No zombie action to speak of, instead the whole episode was about the family's fear of people discovering that their (4 year dead) son has returned after being treated for "partially dead syndrome". The writing is pretty shallow and the one plot twist was too obvious to fool anyone who has knowledge that the show was scheduled to have more than one episode.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyBeat View Post
            after being treated for "partially dead syndrome".
            I didn't bother with it last night but am curious what this treatment involves, hah.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              I didn't bother with it last night but am curious what this treatment involves, hah.
              The at home PDS treatment includes daily injections administered to a hole located between the 1st and 3rd vertebrae, along with contact lenses and bad makeup. Prior to that it appears that all the PDS victims are housed in a hospital and forced to do a 12 step style therapy with group meetings.
              They really should have just turned it into a parody of addiction shows, because then they could do "Zombie Rehab House with Dr. Drew".

Comment

They really should have just turned it into a parody of addiction shows, because then they could do "Zombie Rehab House with Dr. Drew".
                It sounds like they kind of did, if not intentionally.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is getting shown in the US in June.

BBC America will be broadcasting it (no surprise there).
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Every time I see the word "flesh" this is all I can think of:

It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

That might be more worthwhile than this series, oddly enough.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Prior to that it appears that all the PDS victims are housed in a hospital and forced to do a 12 step style therapy with group meetings.
                        I'd watch this one instead!

Comment

It looks like the story ain't over. Series 2 episode 1 premiered this week on BBC Three, and will be on BBC America next week. The first 4 minutes of it are online.

Comment

Working...
                          X