No announcement yet.

Twin Peaks Coming Back To TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's magnificently dumb and a very backwards way of looking at things... If they want to be celebrating serious works they should maybe change their name to Cahiers Du Telly given the gap in quality between television and cinema these days.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
      the gap in quality between television and cinema these days.
      I dunno, I've been hearing just the opposite, about how we've been in a new Golden age of television, specifically in regard to cable's willingness to pony up the nice budgets, coupled with their drive to seek out more daring and innovative fare. There's got to be a reason why so many A-list actors and directors are drawn to the (cable) television medium over film these days.

Comment

• There's a 'live watch' happening on Instagram today with Kyel MacLachlan and Madchen Amick.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/361...-instagram-qa/
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Is it just me or does this verge on being tedious? It takes this show a long time to do very little. I'm not sure those first four episodes couldn't have been 1... At least it's not quirky. Old Twin Peaks was always too quirky to be prime Lynch for me. This one needs to speed things up though. And why is the soundtrack so empty and boring? Lynch used to be a great sound man. This show is mostly silent.
          Are you watching The Return? I found it slow the first time I watched it; though, honestly, I was just chomping at the bit for Cooper to show up; but I loved the soundtrack!

I did watch it a second time when I got the blu-ray, and enjoyed the series immensely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
            Are you watching The Return? I found it slow the first time I watched it; though, honestly, I was just chomping at the bit for Cooper to show up; but I loved the soundtrack!

I did watch it a second time when I got the blu-ray, and enjoyed the series immensely.
            I'm hugely confused... are we missing pages of content here? My post from 2017 shouldn't be on the most recent page should it? I recall writing a ton of posts about this as it went but this looks like the one I wrote after just watching the first episodes is now the most recent.

Anyway, yeah I was Mark but I definitely came round to the charms of the Return later on in it's run. The last half a dozen are prime Lynch. Would kill for a second Return.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I'm hugely confused... are we missing pages of content here? My post from 2017 shouldn't be on the most recent page should it? I recall writing a ton of posts about this as it went but this looks like the one I wrote after just watching the first episodes is now the most recent.

Anyway, yeah I was Mark but I definitely came round to the charms of the Return later on in it's run. The last half a dozen are prime Lynch. Would kill for a second Return.
              Oh, weird. Just noticed the date.

Comment

We had two threads but I've used my mod powers to merge them, and now we have one big one.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• How bizarre. How bizarre.

Comment

• Kenneth Walsh has passed away.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/obituar...s-80-rcna27809
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I don't think that I knew he was Canadian. RIP.

Comment

• Twin Peaks Star Jan D'Arcy on Series Return, Working with David Lynch

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/twin-pea...h-david-lynch/
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                        X