BARRY (HBO Series) 2018-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BARRY (HBO Series) 2018-2023

Now that Barry has completed its run, what do folks here think of it? It certainly had it's black comedy/fantasy elements.

Let's keep finale spoilers to a minimum for now.

JoeS
    Last edited by JoeS; 05-29-2023, 03:04 PM.

I'll be glad to talk Barry once I finally get around to watching the last season. I will say the finale of season 3 gave me nightmares it was so intense. Well, not really, but the scene with NoHo Hank chained to the radiator vs the beast was the single scariest scene of 2022 IMO.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I enjoyed the first series, in a 'it passes the time' kind of way. Bit too self consciously quirky for me but I liked the cast and it was pleasant. I dropped out early in season 2 though. The shift in tone killed it for me. It was like the writers suddenly decided they would rather be making Breaking Bad but the show was still carrying the baggage of having started as a cutesy, hit man comedy.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
        I enjoyed the first series, in a 'it passes the time' kind of way. Bit too self consciously quirky for me but I liked the cast and it was pleasant. I dropped out early in season 2 though. The shift in tone killed it for me. It was like the writers suddenly decided they would rather be making Breaking Bad but the show was still carrying the baggage of having started as a cutesy, hit man comedy.
        No spoilers here....that advances as it goes on; I'll say this, it's intentional, and for reason.

I found this latest season a little lacking, like they should have wrapped it up in S3. Still, a good closer (way fuckin better than Dexter's original cash-out) and hope that it helps make Hader a bigger name as a writer and director.

Comment

Working...
        X