Citadel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citadel

Seems these days if Amazon takes a swing then they are swinging for the fences. First a billion dollars or so for a Lord Of The Rings series no one liked and now Citadel: a 300 million dollar extravaganza about secret dueling spy agencies. What makes it a particularly nutty gamble is that the 300 million spent is just the beginning. Without waiting to see if anyone actually likes Citadel Amazon is already in production on Indian, Mexican and Italian Citadel series that all lock into a broader story. Which is fucking insane but really goes to show that Amazon just really doesn't give a fuck about money.

Anyway the early reviews are eviscerating which somehow seems inevitable.

The show is actually not that bad. It's out of the Russo Brothers stable so you know exactly what your going to get. Lots of globe hopping, lots of "witty" quipping and action scenes in the cookie cutter Marvel style. Which sounds grim, and I guess it is, but it passes the time. It's better than the Gray Man anyway. Only two episodes dropped so far. I'll watch a third when it arrives.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

This is advertised everywhere here. On bus stops and in shopping malls.

I gave it a go. Gave up after the second episode. Total garbage. The Russo brothers are totally inept CGI technicians who make dumb shit for stupid people. As for the writing, I believe this is proof that AI is already writing TV-series, because this is just random garbage cobbled together from previous films and series in the Spy genre.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

It helps if you cast interesting leads and not these two wonky looking planks of wood. I like Tucci but not enough to sit through this. I shan't be watching.
      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
        . As for the writing, I believe this is proof that AI is already writing TV-ser.
        It's funny that one of the points that the Writers Guild is on strike for is they are requesting an agreement that AI not be involved in the writing of studio movies. I thought it was kind of an absurd request but then I started watching this series on YouTube where they ask AI to provide synopsis for bizarre projects (Alien if it was a Pixar film etc) and the AI usually delivers a very shootable synopsis. Better than a lot of the standard Hollywood nonsense. So maybe they are right to be worried. I reckon AI would do a better job than Citadel anyway.

Man, considering the $50 million for each 40 minute episode budget the cgi in this is sometimes shocking. There's an extended action scene in episode 3 that seems to use the minimum of practical elements. It's fucking terrible. Like a playstation cut scene.

Im going to see it through because its only 6 episodes long and Im a trooper. I wouldnt recommend anyone else do the same.
        Last edited by Dom D; 05-07-2023, 12:57 AM.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
        X