Tulsa King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa King

Taylor Sheridan is a one man industry these days isnt he? The only man who seems to do more is Ryan Murphy. I think I've seen at least the first episode of all of both of their various series and haven't liked any of them. Until now!

This is just 2 episodes in but its looking like some good trash. Stallone's a Mafioso getting out of prison after 25 years inside. Instead of being welcomed back to the family with open arms he gets consigned to start things up in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

It's completely ridiculous. To the cultured TV viewer it will instantly bring to mind Banshee and Ozark. It's not as ridiculous as Banshee but it's a lot more ridiculous than Ozark. It's a happy middle ground where it gets to have a sense of humour and be larger than life without being completely a cartoon.

So far, I dig it.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Watched the first episode and it's a lot of fun. Sheridan certainly knows how to get you hooked fast. Great to see Stallone playing an actual character. I'm probably only going to get the first two episodes on regular Paramount Network and then they'll make me sign up for Paramount+ to see the rest. Oh well, once it hits disc I'll catch up with it (and 1883, Mayor of Kingstown and S5 of Yellowstone).

Now that all of the Sheridan shows are pay-per-view, it begs the question: what the hell is the point of the Paramount Network?
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Paramount Plus has been strong this year. Loved, loved The Offer. Super Pumped was most excellent. Now Tulsa King is near the top of my weekly viewing.

I don't know if it's the same overseas but Paramount Plus has a serious bandwidth issue. All the other services start as soon as you press play and never drop out but PP is hit and miss. Nothing worse than suddenly having buffering in the middel of a good episode. PP is the service is the only service that does that to me.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

This hits Blu-ray on 6/6/23.

Click image for larger version

Name:	337524892_733202115201547_6767332182967841165_n.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	411996
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Isn't this just Lillehammer set in America?

It was alright for an episode or two. If you can't figure out the paint-by-numbers algorithm after that, there sure is a lot of stuff to watch. I couldn't be bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
            Isn't this just Lillehammer set in America?

It was alright for an episode or two. If you can't figure out the paint-by-numbers algorithm after that, there sure is a lot of stuff to watch. I couldn't be bothered.
            I dont know this Lillehammer but, yeah, it runs out of steam very quickly. Enjoyed the first few episodes while it was being funny but I gave up very shortly after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post

I dont know this Lillehammer but, yeah, it runs out of steam very quickly. Enjoyed the first few episodes while it was being funny but I gave up very shortly after that.
              Lillehammer is Steven Van Zandt playing a mobster, basically his Sopranos character, who turns government witness and they put him in Lillehammer, Norway, where hijinks and comedy ensue as his larger than life NYC whaddaya whaddaya with the hand gestures tries to acclimate to life in a snowy, wintery Norwegian small town.

Comment

Working...
              X