X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    JonesyTheCat

• JonesyTheCat
    replied
    I have Atank but have not watched it yet. Maybe today is the day!

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by agent999 View Post
    Wouldn't the Orca capsize when they start dancing?
    The bow goes up when they do the "praying hands over the head" move.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    Wouldn't the Orca capsize when they start dancing?

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

It exists, and it is glorious. 1996's Aatank.

If the shark sings, I am so in.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    Maybe we will see a Bollywood version some day.
    It exists, and it is glorious. 1996's Aatank.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Maybe we will see a Bollywood version some day.

Leave a comment:

• JonesyTheCat

• JonesyTheCat
    replied
    Originally posted by Dom D View Post
    I'm sure I would watch it but I still wouldn't approve. The raison d'etre of Jaws are the shark hunting sequences. You can't really do better than what was done so better to do something else.

I always think it's better to remake something that didn't work. I would love to see a television version of Jaws inspired The Ghost And The Darkness. Amazing story- two lions inexplicably start killing dozens of people, in the process halting the British railroad building across the continent and it's one man's job to hunt them- but the film sucked. The true tale of what happened deserves better. A tv version could be amazing.
    I fully agree. Still surprising they haven't tried to "improve" on it, especially regarding the shark sequences. GHOST AND THE LION is ripe for a redux, agree there as well.

Admittedly, I was happily surprised by THE EXORCIST tv show.

Leave a comment:

• Dom D
    replied
    I'm sure I would watch it but I still wouldn't approve. The raison d'etre of Jaws are the shark hunting sequences. You can't really do better than what was done so better to do something else.

I always think it's better to remake something that didn't work. I would love to see a television version of Jaws inspired The Ghost And The Darkness. Amazing story- two lions inexplicably start killing dozens of people, in the process halting the British railroad building across the continent and it's one man's job to hunt them- but the film sucked. The true tale of what happened deserves better. A tv version could be amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by JonesyTheCat View Post
    I wasn't saying to gender bend the cast, just mining the soapier elements of the source novel would fit the limited series format. This would also ramp up nicely to a couple last eps of shark action.

Kinda surprised a remake hasn't taken this form by now seeing as Hollywood loves to mine known IPs, lol.
    I think Jaws is on the level of Psycho, nobody wants to touch it due to the reverence the Spielberg film is held in, but eventually someone will decide they need to bring it to a new generation by remaking it.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    Originally posted by JonesyTheCat View Post
    I wasn't saying to gender bend the cast
    I know, but they would! This would probably turn out like Peter Benchley's The Beast.

Leave a comment:

• JonesyTheCat

• JonesyTheCat
    replied
    I wasn't saying to gender bend the cast, just mining the soapier elements of the source novel would fit the limited series format. This would also ramp up nicely to a couple last eps of shark action.

Kinda surprised a remake hasn't taken this form by now seeing as Hollywood loves to mine known IPs, lol.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    I'm not buying female Quint, although female Hooper could be interesting! One of them's losing their wedding tackle, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• JonesyTheCat

• Call me crazy but...JAWS would be a perfect mini series

If they mined Benchley's novel, and reinstated things like Hoopers affair with Mrs Brody...

The pacing lends itself perfectly to a limited cable or streaming series, as sacrilegious as that sounds

I've been waiting for this boot to drop for a few years now. It can only be a matter of time.
Working...
X