Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqua Teen Hunger Force: The Baffler Meal Complete Collection

This is coming to DVD on 9/20/22.

The entire Aqua Teen Extended Universe is here in one collection of outdated technology. This 20 disc set contains the complete Aqua Teen Hunger Force series as well as 1972's Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1, the gritty police police procedural the show is based on. It also includes the fan-favorite fantasy spin-off Aqua Something You Know Whatever, the unlicensed Czechoslovakian adaptation Aqua TV Show Show, the short-lived Saturday morning sequel series Aqua Teen Hunger Force Forever, and the feature film Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters.

Bonus Content:
    Deleted Scenes, Audio Commentaries, Music Videos, Cast / Creator Interviews, Promo Spots, Featurettes, Behind-the-Scenes / Making Of Specials, and More!

Click image for larger version

Name:	290899863_1706590139684198_1546660653112719100_n.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	396134
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

It's pretty disappointing that this is DVD and not BD, especially considering that the later seasons aired in HD, but if the packaging is to be believed I'll just be glad that all the episodes are finally available physically.
    f.ramses
    Last edited by f.ramses; 06-30-2022, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I just don't like buying DVDs these days haha. And it's not like they couldn't rescan and put it all on BD if they wanted to, right? Get 'er down to 8 discs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        Yeah, I just don't like buying DVDs these days haha. And it's not like they couldn't rescan and put it all on BD if they wanted to, right? Get 'er down to 8 discs.
        At worst, they could leave the first series as SD on blu discs, and everything done on HD on proper blu, but for some reason, only anime companies seem willing to do SD on Blu in North America.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

At worst, they could leave the first series as SD on blu discs, and everything done on HD on proper blu, but for some reason, only anime companies seem willing to do SD on Blu in North America.
          Don't DVDs still outsell all other physical media? If that's the case there doesn't seem to be much point in halving- or worse- your potential audience when the material is SD anyway.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
            Don't DVDs still outsell all other physical media? If that's the case there doesn't seem to be much point in halving- or worse- your potential audience when the material is SD anyway.
            They can offer both, but it's bullshit when material made in HD is only available in SD on disc, like what Disney did with the Mickey Mouse series, where you can only get one 4-episode DVD of a show that ran 4 seasons in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

They can offer both, but it's bullshit when material made in HD is only available in SD on disc, like what Disney did with the Mickey Mouse series, where you can only get one 4-episode DVD of a show that ran 4 seasons in HD.
              While I don't wholly disagree, I can actually see an actual business case for an initial DVD only release. To Dom's point, DVD is still the largest selling format, so the upside is *everyone* can buy it. They will also get feedback (while selling DVDs) from customers that want Blu, or won't buy DVD, etc, which allows for an actual, real world CBA. Do I like it? No. Is it a reality of IP being owned by a soulless Corp? Yep.

On the gripping hand, that same soulless Mickey Mouse Corp gave us _The Mandalorian_ so there's that...

Comment

Originally posted by null View Post

While I don't wholly disagree, I can actually see an actual business case for an initial DVD only release. To Dom's point, DVD is still the largest selling format, so the upside is *everyone* can buy it. They will also get feedback (while selling DVDs) from customers that want Blu, or won't buy DVD, etc, which allows for an actual, real world CBA. Do I like it? No. Is it a reality of IP being owned by a soulless Corp? Yep.

On the gripping hand, that same soulless Mickey Mouse Corp gave us _The Mandalorian_ so there's that...
                Myself, and a lot of other people, won't buy a DVD of something that was made in HD, as you are getting something less than you should be. And here, with prices being only a few dollars different between the two formats, fuck DVDs of HD content in the ear. If I am paying Canadian prices, why pay $40 for DVD when Blu would be $45?

Comment

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Plantasm is coming to UHD 11/8/22.

Click image for larger version

Name:	81gOFW1LnvL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	494.7 KB
ID:	398686
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I can own the new movie in 4K, but the show on DVD lol. Makes sense.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                      X