The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series Coming To Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series Coming To Blu-ray

This is coming in July from Shout! Factory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	279417564_1664282477248298_8866344618146462673_n.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	391981
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

BIONIC BIGFOOT IN HD!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Damn did I love this series back then. Total appointment television. I haven't seen any episodes since then.... I wonder how it holds up.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
        Damn did I love this series back then. Total appointment television. I haven't seen any episodes since then.... I wonder how it holds up.
        I saw a few eps of this and Bionic Woman about 10 years ago, and it holds up better than you probably expect. The production values show the budget was high, and the writing is better than a LOT of sci-fi TV was back then.

Comment

Here's the full press release from Shout! Factory.

“Gentlemen, we have the technology. We can rebuild him in high definition!”

THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN: THE COMPLETE SERIES
          ARRIVES IN A BLU-RAY™ BOX SET ON JULY 12, 2022
          FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

THE ICONIC SCI-FI ACTION TELEVISION SERIES TAKES FLIGHT IN A 33-DISC COLLECTOR’S EDITION RICH WITH BONUS FEATURES

Los Angeles, CA – Shout! Factory will release The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series, a Blu-Ray™ Collector’s Edition on July 12, 2022. The 33-DVD box set will include the original broadcast episodes of the entire series and come packed with a wealth of bonus features including the three pilot films, new audio commentary with author Herbie J. Pilato and much more.

The three pilot films and all 99 episodes were transferred in 2015 from new interpositive film elements struck in 2011 from the original negative. Fans can get their hands on the complete series as it’s available on HD and Blu-Ray™ together in one Collector’s Edition for the first time by pre-ordering now on ShoutFactory.com.

Running for five seasons in the 1970s, this popular sci-fi action series made a star out of actor Lee Majors and a memorable pop culture figure in fictional character Steve Austin. The success of The Six Million Dollar Man gave way to a fan craze that generated excitement in action figures, comic books, lunchboxes, coloring books, records, board games and eventually The Bionic Woman, a spin-off series featuring lead character Jaime Sommers.

Synopsis
          When an aircraft crash leaves him barely alive, Colonel Steve Austin is rebuilt with cutting-edge bionic technology. Now, atomic-powered limbs propel him at speeds of 60 mph, giving him the ability to overturn massive objects and take on the world’s most nefarious villains and their evil plans. Join one of TV Guide’s “24 Greatest Action Heroes” as he tackles top-secret missions that left millions of fans breathless for five thrilling seasons and more.

Bonus Features
          Season 1:
          • NEW Audio Commentary with author Herbie J. Pilato on THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN pilot film and the episodes POPULATION ZERO and DAY OF THE ROBOT
          • Real Bionics
          • An Iconic Opening
          • Bionic Breakdown
          • Season 1 VIPS: A Celebration of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN Guest Stars
          • OSI Mission Briefing: Executive Producer Harve Bennett
          • BONUS DISC: The 2-Part Syndicated Version of the 3 TV movies – THE MOON AND THE DESERT, WINE WOMEN AND WAR and THE SOLID GOLD KIDNAPPING
          Season 2:
          • NEW Audio Commentary with author Herbie J. Pilato on the episode THE SEVEN MILLION DOLLAR MAN
          • Audio Commentary with writer Kenneth Johnson on the episodes THE BIONIC WOMAN Part 1 & 2
          • The Bionic Sound Effects
          • Season 2 VIPS: A Celebration of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN Guest Stars
          Season 3:
          • Audio Commentary with director Cliff Bole on the episode THE BLUE FLASH
          • Audio Commentary with writer/producer Kenneth Johnson on the episodes THE SECRET OF BIG FOOT Part 1 & 2
          • Two crossover episodes from THE BIONIC WOMAN – WELCOME HOME, JAIME Part 1 & 2
          • The Search for Bigfoot
          • Season 3 VIPS: A Celebration of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN Guest Stars
          Season 4:
          • NEW Audio Commentary with author Herbie J. Pilato on the episodes THE RETURN OF BIGFOOT Part 1 & 2 and THE BIONIC CHRISTMAS CAROL
          • Audio Commentary with director Cliff Bole on the episode VULTURES OF THE ANDES
          • Two crossover episodes from THE BIONIC WOMAN – THE RETURN OF BIGFOOT Part 2, KILL OSCAR Part 1 and 3
          • Season 4 VIPS: A Celebration of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN Guest Stars
          • OSI Mission Briefing: Actor Richard Anderson
          Season 5:
          • Season 5 VIPS: A Celebration of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN Guest Stars
          • OSI Mission Briefing: Actor Martin E. Brooks
          • The Six Million Dollar Man’s Best Villains and Best Fights
          Bonus Discs – Reunion Films and extras:
          • RETURN OF THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN
          • BIONIC SHOWDOWN
          • BIONIC EVER AFTER? – NEW 2K scan of the interpositive
          • NEW Bryan Cranston Gives It To Us Straight – the actor talks about his time on THE RETURN OF THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN AND THE BIONIC WOMAN
          • OSI Mission Briefing: writer/producer Kenneth Johnson
          • THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN original promos
          • Reunion Film promos
          • Stills from Kenneth Johnson’s Personal Collection
          • Still Gallery of the Bionic Testing Center brochure

About Shout! Factory
          Shout! Factory, LLC is a leading multi-platform media company devoted to film and TV distribution, development, and production, as well as the preservation and revitalization of the very best in pop-culture entertainment. Founded by Richard Foos, Bob Emmer, and Garson Foos in 2003, Shout! owns and manages a large portfolio of films, contemporary and classic TV series, animation, and documentaries. The company’s creative acquisition mandate has established it as a leading independent distributor, with partners and properties including GKIDS, Sesame Street, The Carol Burnett Show, The Johnny Carson Show, IFC Films, Stephen J. Cannell Productions, ITV Studios, Major League Baseball Productions, and many others. Shout! Factory Kids focuses on live-action and animated kids and family properties, and the company releases films and television shows in other genres under the Scream Factory and Shout Select imprints. Shout! develops, acquires and distributes new films via Shout! Studios, owns and operates libraries including Mystery Science Theater 3000 (in partnership with creator Joel Hodgson) and the Roger Corman New Horizon Pictures Library, and operates the acclaimed streaming service Shout! Factory TV. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
            I'm mildly curious how this would hold up as well. But not enough to go in for deluxe Shout! prices. But yeah, it was something else back in the day.

Comment

#horamce
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
              X