Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obi-Wan Kenobi Coming To Disney Plus

Trailer!

"The story begins 10 years after the dramatic events of “Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith” where Obi-Wan Kenobi faced his greatest defeat—the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, who turned to the dark side as evil Sith Lord Darth Vader.
    The series stars Ewan McGregor, reprising his role as the iconic Jedi Master, and also marks the return of Hayden Christensen in the role of Darth Vader. Joining the cast are Moses Ingram, Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Sung Kang, Simone Kessell and Benny Safdie.

“Obi-Wan Kenobi” is directed by Deborah Chow and executive-produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Michelle Rejwan, Deborah Chow, Ewan McGregor and Joby Harold."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Looks like a series about an old man who likes to spy on little boys. Surely Bryan Singer would have been a better choice of director?
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Not gonna lie, I thought the first two episodes were pretty solid. Granted, episode 1 is mostly just Obi-Wan hanging out in a cave, but episode 2 picks up the pace a lot and is better for it. There's very definitely a Blade Runner feel to that episode. Not sure if I would have liked it as much if Ewan weren't the lead, but he's good in the role. I'm down for episode 3 next week. Not life changing, but fun.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah it is fun and looks like a film not a tv series which I appreciate.

Comment

Ep 2 SPOILERS There's a really weird sequence in Episode 2. Obi Wan and Leia are being chased across the rooftops by multiple bounty hunters who have Obi outgunned. Worse, Reva is doing flippy, spinny, cool shit across the rooftops to get to them and is almost there. Then Leia falls off the roof and Obi has to hang over to guide her to the ground with the force. Oddly the firing stops at this point but you assume it's going to start again when Obi stands back up. Nope. Cut to next scene Obi casually strolls into the alley Leia fell to. Makes zero sense. I had to rewind it and watch it again to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I was watching this because my brother in law is a huge Star Wars fan. I told him I wouldn't like it. I was right. Great productions values but too dry for me
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I noticed that too, Dom. The show is goofy, but I'm still enjoying it. The little kid in me gets excited when Darth Vader shows up or whenever anyone fights with a Lightsaber. I guess I'm easy to please.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Well, it was fine overall I guess. It got good at times, and ended exactly how you'd expect it to. I guess one of the tricky things with prequels is trying to offer the audience something they don't see coming. That didn't happen here... at all.

Still, I like Ewan in the role and if they do another round, I'll watch it. There are good stories that can be told with the character and it would probably be easier to do that if the next round doesn't have to tie into A New Hope.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

UHD release coming 4/30/24.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71faTWApPcL._SL1437_.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	429678
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                X