It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

I know this show has been on for years but until a few days ago, we'd never watched it. Started watching it on Hulu and made it through the first (short) season in a couple of days. It falls victim to some of the typical sit-com trappings but overall, it's pretty funny - funnier than average at least and I guess the fact that it's made for FX lets them get away with more than they could have had this been on an over the air mainstream network.

Anyway, I know Danny DeVito shows up at some point. We're not at that point yet but he always amuses me and I look forward to seeing what he brings to the series.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That's awesome that you've never seen it! And yes, it gets SO fucking funny when the twin brothers show up, when Danny DeVito shows up; it's one of the funniest comedy shows I've ever watched.

Comment

Rad. If it gets better from here, that's awesome.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        Rad. If it gets better from here, that's awesome.
        I definitely think so, and the few friends who also have seen it agree. So, you're in for a treat haha.

Comment

I started watching it just this week as well- it showed up on Disney. I had heard it got better as it goes so I started at the last series. Knocked that over quickly and moved onto the second last season. Episodes vary hugely in quality but when it's on it's fucking great.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I agree with Mark. Once Danny DeVito shows up it hits its stride and is one the funniest shows I've ever scene. Its so incredibly tasteless. There is a scene with some hobos under a boardwalk that I'll never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason C View Post
              I agree with Mark. Once Danny DeVito shows up it hits its stride and is one the funniest shows I've ever scene. Its so incredibly tasteless. There is a scene with some hobos under a boardwalk that I'll never forget.
              hahaha, for sure, and when they have to go for sensitivity training.

Comment

My favourite so far is the one where they're the focus group for Thundergun and campaining to see Thunderguns dong.
                Last edited by Dom D; 02-03-2022, 05:52 AM.
                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

So far it's funny enough. Hasn't totally won me over yet.
                  Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                    So far it's funny enough. Hasn't totally won me over yet.
                    I think that it will, eventually. It gets VERY funny.

Comment

I think the dumpster baby and welfare episodes are early high points.

Frank and the couch scene is an infamous high point of the whole series.

I personally love the McPoyle and Dennis' wife episodes, Charlie's uncle and more. Like the actor who plays Cricket but he's the only one of the regulars who I ended up not really digging.

In the new season I really liked the monkey episode.

Comment

We just watched the welfare episode and yeah, that might have been the best one so far.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The dumpster baby and Philadelphia Eagles tryout episodes were fucking great.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            We just watched the welfare episode and yeah, that might have been the best one so far.
                            is that the one that involves the crack addiction?

Comment

Also, can't wait for you to be exposed to the musical.

Comment

Working...
                              X