Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Lansdale's Hap & Leonard Coming To TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Lansdale's Hap & Leonard Coming To TV?

No formal news yet but it looks like Lansdale is trying to get this off the ground and encouraging everyone to show their support by 'liking' a FB page he's set up here:

https://www.facebook.com/savageseason

I've always figured a movie or series of movies with the characters would be great if it were in the right hands. I guess a TV show could rock as well if it were done properly. I think so much of it would come down to casting and being able to stay true to Lansdale's original stories.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I Liked it, but I love Hap and Leonard, and theyll probably wreck it.

Comment

Probably but I'll reserve judgement until more details come out, and maybe even until it's made.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I love the books...man, I think a limited run cable series would be the way to go. Some place where you can get gnarly when you need to.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

(Please not AMC, please not AMC, please not AMC....)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
            (Please not AMC, please not AMC, please not AMC....)
            I agree,mainly cause thanks to Dish Network being total asshats I don't get AMC anymore.

Comment

If AMC gets it, it'll look like The Walking Dead. I guarantee it.

Comment

How so? I'd imagine it would be completely different.

My bet would be on HBO...
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I think it would look cinematically identical.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I too would rather not see a Hap and Leonard series on AMC, simply for the reason that I can't stand all that bullshit at the bottom of the screen they constantly run - coming up next with all the dancing logos etc....HBO or Showtime would be fine. I don't get either one but I could rent/buy the eventual dvds.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                      I don't get either one but I could rent/buy the eventual dvds.
                      Same here, I'm fine with that route actually.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's be a 10's Tweenie version of the Odd Couple with Kung-fu and shit in it, probably throw in the odd zombie and gay-vampire for extra demographic spread. ho-hum.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldberg View Post
                          It's be a 10's Tweenie version of the Odd Couple with Kung-fu and shit in it, probably throw in the odd zombie and gay-vampire for extra demographic spread. ho-hum.
                          I'm going to guess that you're wrong on this, at least if Lansdale maintains any creative control over it. I have faith in him.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Michael K. Williams cast as Leonard Pine....which is a damn fine start, if you ask me.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/mich...tv-1201448782/

Comment

'Mad Men's' Christina Hendricks to Star in Sundance's 'Hap and Leonard'
                              Joining a cast that also includes James Purefoy, Michael Kenneth Williams and more.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ks-star-808903
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X