No announcement yet.

The Official Walking Dead Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd say it's another season before we see Negan. That's why I said almost caught up.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• First episode this season kicked fucking ass. I don't know how you guys can still hate this.

Comment

• I'm just watching season 4. I'm finding the episodes with the Governor really drag the season down. Those would work better intercut with the main narrative, I think, as although I like Morrissey's performance and some of the situations in which the Governor finds himself, it seems a strange decision to stop everything to focus on his character alone for two or three episodes - just when the dynamics within the band of survivors at the prison seemed to be getting interesting.

I also think the writing's taking a dip in the episodes involving the Governor. I keep a TV journal (obsessive, I know) in which I take notes on the television shows I watch, and I was averaging two to three pages of notes per episode prior to those focusing on the governor (of narrative events, symbolism, quotes, etc). I'm taking only a page of notes on the Governor's episodes. There's less going on in them, imo, and the dialogue is struggling to find its voice.
        Paul L
        Scholar of Sleaze
        Last edited by Paul L; 10-13-2014, 02:16 AM.
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          First episode this season kicked fucking ass. I don't know how you guys can still hate this.
          I might be the only one who still does haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
            I havent tried to watch another episode since a couple during the first few seasons.......but i have a feeling I am still with you on this one Mark!

Comment

• I don't 'hate' it, but I do find it frustrating because there's some really good stuff in the series, imo - but you have to wade through a lot of chaff to get to it. And the show sometimes gets bogged down in some terrible soap opera-y elements.
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                I think there's still a pretty healthy level of disdain for the show here. As in that last episode it is occassionally a solid action series. But it's just so uneven! Never seen a show that veers so wildly between totally unwatchable and nail biting.
                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                  Never seen a show that veers so wildly between totally unwatchable and nail biting.
                  Couldn't agree more.

Comment

• At least tell me you guys dislike Romero's 2nd trilogy. If not then we can't be friends...

Comment

• I'm not even that sure about Romeros first triology. I love Night but I could take or leave the other two.
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

At least tell me you guys dislike Romero's 2nd trilogy. If not then we can't be friends...
                        Actually... I really like LAND OF THE DEAD though hated it when it was first released. It's grown on me over the years since then.

DIARY... and SURVIVAL... are terrible, however, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                          Actually... I really like LAND OF THE DEAD though hated it when it was first released. It's grown on me over the years since then.

DIARY... and SURVIVAL... are terrible, however, imo.
                          LAND was watchable at least.....Never bothered with the other two due to too many negative reviews and also got the feeling that with each progressive entry Romero's enthusiasm for the stories and movies was dwindling..

Comment

• Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                            LAND was watchable at least.....Never bothered with the other two due to too many negative reviews and also got the feeling that with each progressive entry Romero's enthusiasm for the stories and movies was dwindling..
                            I did bother with the other two. You lucked out, there. :) I also found LAND watchable, but have only watched it about 1.5 times. The other two, I've never revisited. Garbage, IMO.

Comment

• The 2nd trilogy sucks but Land is maybe decent. Maybe.

Comment

First episode this season kicked fucking ass. I don't know how you guys can still hate this.
                                That 1st episode was the shit. I was literally gritting my teeth during one scene. You jackasses who hate this show ( I mean that likeable-like since I'm not on a familiar level with most of you to call you such and you take it good-naturedly) need to give this show a second look.

Comment

Working...
                                X