No announcement yet.

The Official Walking Dead Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched the first episode. There were some good parts, to be sure. My problem with the show remains that they haven't created a character that I actually give a good goddam about. The whole trough scene was brutal enough, but I was hoping they were all going to get it.

Comment

• I actually reckon this season might be a good one. Rather than just wandering aimlessly- or sitting aimlessly as is more often the case- it sounds they will actually have a goal this season (getting their science geek to Washingotn). The sheer painful pointlessness of standard proceedings is what drags this show down as they have to keep doing stupid things to try to get some interest. But having a mission might lead to naturally occuring drama. Fingers crossed anyway.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• I watched 'The Grove' (from season four) today, during my lunch break, and it's a damn near perfect hour of television, with the duality of responses to the zombie plague embodied in the two small girls - and Carol and Tyreese's attempt to protect Judith amidst the promise of a 'normal'-ish life in an isolated farmhouse - with a fire on the horizon acting as an index of the ever-present threat.

If you've not seen that episode, check it out. The show's had its moments before, but this episode hits all the right beats (at least for me) and, for me, is one of the best hours of TV I've watched this year.
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• So the spin-off series is going to be called Cobalt.

Frank Dillane and Alycia Debnam Carey are to star in the pilot, directed by Adam Davidson.

"It revolves around a male divorced teacher and a female guidance counselor. Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) plays the woman's son, who has battled a drug problem. Aussie Debnam Carey (Into the Storm) plays the woman's ambitious daughter.'

Source.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Great. Same show, different location.

Comment

• So the spin off series will be based in LA.

That's not really all that interesting of a choice.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• We haven't seen a lot of urban environments in the show yet. It could work, I doubt it'll be shot in LA. Probably Toronto.
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• They could have it take place in Maine, but we'd probably get the zombies on welfare and then they won't need to scramble for food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    So the spin off series will be based in LA.

I agree. They should move the location to Baltimore. It would add credence to those that theorize that the "Walkers" are caused by a drug produced by another TV show.

Comment

• They are probably gonna end up shooting the damn thing in Canada anyway....Why not just set the damn thing there to start with...or will that alienate viewers??

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                        We haven't seen a lot of urban environments in the show yet. It could work, I doubt it'll be shot in LA. Probably Toronto.
                        An urban enviroment would add interest. Do they have the budget for it though? I imagine this will trek out to the burbs and beyond pretty quickly.

Man I was watching this series thinking this could be the one where they get their act together and make a good zombie show. The characters actually had something to do. Get to Washington, save the world. I kinda guessed that the scientist was a fraud but I expected that to be the kicker after they arrived bloodied and beaten but victorious in Washington. Nup. A few episodes in, after the bus breaks down, it's all over. Back to aimless wandering as our gang of all stars tries to discover new ways to almost be eaten.
                        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Nowhere TO go as the series drags on and on...

The movies were cool because they were self-contained little stories where there was a beginning a middle and an end to get to.

They also had FOCUS and couldnt waste too much time on soap opera style storylines (well, most of them anyway!!!)

I think each series (of WALKING DEAD)would have benefited greatly if they had focused on completely NEW characters and a new story.....Tell their story in 10 / 12 episodes....then start another story....

Shit, all 10 groups could meet up at the end of season 10..and that would be season 11 sorted!!:up:

Comment

• I was thinking about this as I revisited THE PACIFIC over the break. My big problem with Walking Dead has always been that I don't care about the characters, that they never gave me reason to from the beginning, and if you don't care if somebody lives or dies...well, why would you watch? I've always attributed it to the actors, especially whatsherface, Sarah Wayne Gacy or whoever.

So, back on point, the actor who played Shane in TWD is also in the Pacific. He gets about half an hour of screen time over a couple of episodes before he ends up dead in the jungle. When they found his body in The Pacific, even with such little screentime, the writers had given me so much to like about the character that I might've gotten a little misty over his death. And that was in 30 minutes.

THAT'S good writing.

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                So the spin off series will be based in LA.

Some info on the pilot script here (as well as a, ahem, legal update).
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X