Only Murders In The Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

FWIW, I didn't like it very much at first. It took about 3 episodes to click for me. Still not a masterpiece, but I felt it wound up as a pretty fun watch (but I'm a mark for Steve Martin).
    I am a HUGE Steve Martin and Martin Short fan, which was why I was initially excited for this one. If you haven't yet, check out the Netflix special the two did together, it is one of the most insanely funny shows I can recall.
    Darcy Parker
    Last edited by Darcy Parker; 06-23-2022, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

I am a HUGE Steve Martin and Martin Short fan, which was why I was initially excited for this one. If you haven't yet, check ut the Netflix special the two did together, it is one of the most insanely funny shows I can recall.
      Meh, I thought it was alright.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Filming has started on S3 as per Steve Martin's twitter account.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FmtB6KqX0AE0DSZ.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	408017
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Saw this picture yesterday. Looking forward to S3!
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Anyone else finish S3? Weaker than the first two I think, by quite a margin, but it still had its moments, the highlights being some of the odder bits with Steve Martin getting prepped for the Broadway show.

Not surprisingly, it sets up an S4, which seems unrealistic to me - how many people around these characters will keep dying to keep the show going? - but I don't go to this for realism, just escapism.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The first season was pretty good, the second was ok, the third was tedious to say the least. Also, the characters are becoming quite boring.

Luckily my Disney+ subscription ends at the end of the month, and this is one streaming service I will never be reniewing, so I won't bother to see any further season.
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

We'll be finishing it off tonight I'd suspect. We watch it because my girlfriend likes it and it's only half hour long. I do not like it. Generally the first 3 episodes of a season I go 'okay this is kind of fun, I can watch this' but then it loses me as it goes and becomes entirely tedious by the end of a season. I don't like murder mysteries, I don't care whodunnit and feel the culprit is picked out of a hat on almost all occasions. I don't like 'quirky' shit. If you gonna be quirky go the full hog and go weird. Quirky is for pussies. I do like Short and Martin though. They should move onto another show.
                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                X