Only Murders In The Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only Murders In The Building

Anyone else watching this on hulu? Steve Martin and Martin Short play an aging TV star and a failed Broadway director respectively. They live in the same building as a young woman played by Selena Gomez. A murder takes place and they decide to make a true crime podcast about it. It takes a couple of episodes to get going but it's a really fun show, charming I guess is the best way to describe it. The acting is really strong across the board and there are some pretty fun twists and turns along the way.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm watching it. I like Steve Martin. Charming is a good description but it can slip into cutesy. It's a fine line. Generally I'm entertained but sometimes I do find it tiresome. I think I like it best when it gets a bit wierd (Like the Sting episode) and, given the gifts of the cast , they'd be better taking that route and getting some more absurd, physical comedy in there. I think they're more aiming for soft and warm. Martin Shorts great in this though. I never really took to him in anything else.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Finished it last night. Overall, I enjoyed it. Didn't see the resolution coming, figured it was all a red herring but I felt it was well done. Glad to see that this is going to get a 2nd season. I think the three leads make a great team.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I didn't make it. The silent episode was a step too far for me.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

S2 will be adding Shirley MacLaine and Amy Schumer to the cast, for whatever that's worth.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

No! I want Chevy Chase!
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

MacLaine is great.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

A bit of info on S2.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/only-mur...t-more-images/
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

S2 debuts 6/28/22.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm guessing Selena Gomez plays the straight man on this? She was completely unfunny and stiff when she hosted SNL this past season.
                      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                        I'm guessing Selena Gomez plays the straight man on this? She was completely unfunny and stiff when she hosted SNL this past season.
                        Don't know if she's the straight man, but she is obnoxious as fuck, actually made me shut it off ten minutes into the first episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

Don't know if she's the straight man, but she is obnoxious as fuck, actually made me shut it off ten minutes into the first episode!
                          She's supposed to be. Shockingly the character evolves after the first ten minutes as the story plays out. I'm not really a fan, but I thought she was actually pretty good in the part. Not amazing or award worthy, but perfectly good.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

She's supposed to be. Shockingly the character evolves after the first ten minutes as the story plays out. I'm not really a fan, but I thought she was actually pretty good in the part. Not amazing or award worthy, but perfectly good.
                            The mood I was in when I checked it out, I didn't have the patience for it. Maybe I will give it another go.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

The mood I was in when I checked it out, I didn't have the patience for it. Maybe I will give it another go.
                              FWIW, I didn't like it very much at first. It took about 3 episodes to click for me. Still not a masterpiece, but I felt it wound up as a pretty fun watch (but I'm a mark for Steve Martin).
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X