• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Two thumbs up for the Panos Comsmatos episode, except for the fucking fake film grain which I hate. Peter Weller overruled that though, because he's Peter Weller. The rest of the cast was solid too. A great mix of humor and horror.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Dreams In The Witchhouse was meh. The witch looked pretty cool but the rat-man annoyed me. Haven't read the story since my Lovecraft phase in high school so I can't say how accurate it is, but I liked Stuart Gordon's take on it better than this one.

Also, more wonky accents in this episode.

Leave a comment:

• Alison Jane
    Girl Boss Jane

• Alison Jane
    replied
    Loved episodes three and four. At least I think they were episodes three and four!

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Originally posted by Dom D View Post

With The Boys and Moon Knight etc I think we've all just got to accept that completely unacceptable British accents are just part of television now.
    Hahahaha, yup, I think we're there.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    I thought the two Lovecraft episodes were a slight disappointment. The first meanders for a long time before getting anywhere interesting while the second is just not cohesive. There's no build up to justify that ending. It is the most visually special of the eps so far though. There's one shot in particular that I want to know how it was done. Still, even when the tales disappoint it's still great to see this kind of storytelling being told on this scale.
    Haven't watched the 2nd one yet but Pickman's Model was a disappointment despite the fact that I generally really like Crispin Glover and will watch him in anything. Here he didn't really do much and his accent was awful.

Leave a comment:

• Dom D
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

Gonna disagree with you on the acting. Overacting British accents.
    With The Boys and Moon Knight etc I think we've all just got to accept that completely unacceptable British accents are just part of television now.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Originally posted by agent999 View Post

Sorry old man, we don't understand your banter.
    IT'S NOWT TO ME, M8!

lol

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied

OIST A RIOUIGHT SAYIEEET IN INNIT!!!
    Sorry old man, we don't understand your banter.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

Blimey!
    OIST A RIOUIGHT SAYIEEET IN INNIT!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied

Blimey!

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Episode 2 was pretty great. Solid acting and as someone who is mildly claustrophobic, those scenes in the tunnels under the cemetery were, for me at least, seriously tense.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Wow that 3rd episode is some pretty heavy body horror. Maybe not for the crowd here but remember Netflix is the modern equivalent of network TV. Most families will have Netflix and most will be tuning in because it's the new thing that Netflix is pushing. In that context that episode is heavy going. I liked it for what it was. Hopefully family tv night wasn't irrevocably spoiled for too many.
    Watched it the other night, I feel it was well done but a little predictable. The acting was really strong, it looked great and the effects were strong. I think I liked the first two better than this one, but this series is still 3 for 3 for me so far and I'm definitely going to watch the rest fo the season.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Episode 2 was pretty great. Solid acting and as someone who is mildly claustrophobic, those scenes in the tunnels under the cemetery were, for me at least, seriously tense.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Started in on this last night with just the first episode. I enjoyed it. The ending came a little abruptly but that's ok, it worked. Liked the acting and the prop and monster design work. I'll keep going with the series and see where it takes us.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
    imho the last good thing del toro has done is blade 2. change my mind!
    The Hellboy movies he directed had some moments.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X