Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Freak Brothers Coming To Television!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Freak Brothers Coming To Television!

"The Freak Brothers animated series adaptation is moving ahead with Andrea Savage and La La Anthony the latest names to join the project as well as Lionsgate coming on board.

The series, which is based on The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, the 1960s underground cult comic created by Gilbert Shelton, follows three stoner characters who, after smoking a magical strain of weed in 1969, are transported 50 years into the future to 2020 bringing their '60s San Francisco attitude to the modern world.

Woody Harrelson voices laid-back Freewheelin' Franklin Freek, John Goodman voices man-child Fat Freddy Freekowtski, and Pete Davidson voices paranoid Phineas T. Phreakers. Tiffany Haddish also features as Kitty, alongside Workaholics alums Adam Devine and Blake Anderson, who play Chuck and Charlie, a couple of weed savants always looking for the next side-hustle with hearts of gold hidden beneath their unwashed exteriors."

More here:

https://deadline.com/2021/04/the-fre...ic-1234732161/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Since this got mentioned in the Fritz The Cat thread...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I don't know, it looks like it could be an amusing watch to kill some time. I think if anyone's gonna animate the Freak Brothers, they need to make it loose and funky like this:

Years back, there was an attempt to independently finance a stop-motion film that sounded interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Stickman View Post
        I don't know, it looks like it could be an amusing watch to kill some time. I think if anyone's gonna animate the Freak Brothers, they need to make it loose and funky like this:

Years back, there was an attempt to independently finance a stop-motion film that sounded interesting.
        Agreed, that one looks more inline with the comic version though I have to say the Tubi version looks closer to it than I ever expected it to.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Two more mini episodes.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The first two episodes are up on Tubi now. I watched the first one last night, it was fairly amusing, enough so that I'll give the second one a shot when I've got some time to kill. That said, a lot of what made the first episode work was the fact that a good portion of it took place in the sixties, with the last third taking place in the present. I'm not sure if what comes next will be as amusing as there's only so much mileage you can get out of the time travel/fish out of water angle.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              The first two episodes are up on Tubi now. I watched the first one last night, it was fairly amusing, enough so that I'll give the second one a shot when I've got some time to kill. That said, a lot of what made the first episode work was the fact that a good portion of it took place in the sixties, with the last third taking place in the present. I'm not sure if what comes next will be as amusing as there's only so much mileage you can get out of the time travel/fish out of water angle.
              I watched the first one, it wasn't bad, but definitely agree that the whole time-travel thing just isn't necessary.
              Darcy Parker
              Last edited by Darcy Parker; 11-25-2021, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I watched the first one for about 8 minutes lol and said fuck this.

Comment

Watched the 3 episodes that are out now. Not bad. Wasnt Fat Freddy's cat a male in the comic?

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                    Watched the 3 episodes that are out now. Not bad. Wasnt Fat Freddy's cat a male in the comic?
                    Yes. Yes he was, but casting quotas and "woke" recasting is here to stay, so the cat is now a black woman for no apparent reason.

Comment

My childhood, stolen, again. Thanks a lot, George Lucas. Not since Maggie May has youth been so fucked over and kicked in the head.

OK, I tried, I really can't feel much outrage about a cat.

Comment

Bill Murray was robbed, though.

Comment

I watched the second episode last night and... I think I'm done with this show. Maybe I'll change my mind but this was pretty terrible. Just crass. Not funny crass, which I can get into, but lame crass. The idea of growing a pot plant in a man's asshole is just dumb. I don't need realism here, but c'mon.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            I watched the second episode last night and... I think I'm done with this show. Maybe I'll change my mind but this was pretty terrible. Just crass. Not funny crass, which I can get into, but lame crass. The idea of growing a pot plant in a man's asshole is just dumb. I don't need realism here, but c'mon.
                            Glad I gave up haha.

Comment

Also, this just made me want to read The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers again.

Comment

Working...
                              X