Danny Boyle's Sex Pistols limited series "Pistol"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
    I got the last 2 episodes to watch. And I wouldn't call it bad. Just it ain't good either. But something about it keeps me watching.
    This is kind of where I'm at with it too. I don't hate it and it entertains me, but I can definitely recognize that it isn't very good.

Also, the guy who plays Malcolm, while fairly spot on in a lot of ways, looks younger than everyone else in the show and that bugs me.

Good soundtrack for the most part though and some of the humor in it is effective.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ya Malcom looks like he just finished high school.

Watching the final episode now. Odd they are using actual concert footage from their first US tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

Also, the guy who plays Malcolm, while fairly spot on in a lot of ways, looks younger than everyone else in the show and that bugs me.
        He's not though. Just looked him up. He's over thirty and 5-13 older than the band actors. Just looks really young.
        Alison Jane
        Girl Boss Jane
        Last edited by Alison Jane; 06-02-2022, 02:01 PM.
        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Malcolm definitely looks way younger. And although he's got the voice down well, there's something about him I'm not quite into.

The guy playing Rotten is annoying as hell.

I did listen to some Sex Pistols this morning, though. I do love them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
            The guy playing Rotten is annoying as hell.
            Reminds me of Bill Skarsgard.
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post

Reminds me of Bill Skarsgard.
              Yeah, guess I can see that.

Comment

So before the episode of the same name, I didn't know the story behind 'Bodies.' Now that I do, that's pretty fucked up (and I realize that nothing in this show is 100% accurate but it did at least get me to read up on it).
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So before the episode of the same name, I didn't know the story behind 'Bodies.' Now that I do, that's pretty fucked up (and I realize that nothing in this show is 100% accurate but it did at least get me to read up on it).
                  Yeah. Didn't know that they had to spend that much time on Pauline, but the song pretty much tells it like it is.

Comment

Yikes. That's why it's such a powerful and angry song, easily the Pistols' best IMO.
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Okay, seeing Sid catch a full beercan in the face was funny.

Comment

Okay, seeing Sid catch a full beercan in the face was funny.
                        Yeah, that made me laugh too. Biggest problem with the last episode? No Eddie Tudorpole. I figured they'd have to have him in there somewhere, but nope.

Ah well, I still enjoyed it as entertainment, knowing full well that a lot of creative license was taken.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, that made me laugh too. Biggest problem with the last episode? No Eddie Tudorpole. I figured they'd have to have him in there somewhere, but nope.

Ah well, I still enjoyed it as entertainment, knowing full well that a lot of creative license was taken.
                          I think that the thing that bothered me the most was so much Chrissie Hynde, like they built this whole story arc around their relationship that ends with her forming the Pretenders. In his book, that the series is based on, Jones spends exactly one half a page on Chrissie Hynde.

Aside from that, I didn't like the actor who played Lydon, and for sure, we got Ronnie Biggs but no Eddie Tudorpole? What the fuck.

But yeah, Sid with the beer can, and Sid fighting the guy with the girl's name was awesome.

Comment

I haven't read the book but yes, there was a lot more Chrissie Hynde than I expected or needed. The actress who played her was good, but like you point out, it was just as much about her as Jones for a lot of the show.

The guy who played Lydon bugged me at first but did grown on me was the series progressed.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

...and for sure, we got Ronnie Biggs but no Eddie Tudorpole?
                              Haha, I said the same.
                              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                              X