Danny Boyle's Sex Pistols limited series "Pistol"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Boyle's Sex Pistols limited series "Pistol"

So this is now underway and slated to air in the UK in 2022.

https://screenrant.com/sex-pistols-s...boyles-pistol/

First image...

Click image for larger version

Name:	pistol.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	371542
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

They're advertising for shaggy haired extras for a Danny Boyle project in my neck of the woods, I wonder if it's for this?
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
      They're advertising for shaggy haired extras for a Danny Boyle project in my neck of the woods, I wonder if it's for this?
      "Stunned glam rocker at punk show"

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        "Stunned glam rocker at punk show"
        If only I still kept my hair longer these days. Sadly it's thinning on top, and the Devin Townsend long hair/bald on top combo is not good on anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
          If only I still kept my hair longer these days. Sadly it's thinning on top, and the Devin Townsend long hair/bald on top combo is not good on anyone.
          Well, you get props for shouting out a Canadian musical legend lol.

Comment

Well, you get props for shouting out a Canadian musical legend lol.
            A friend and I were very drunk at a gig once where he was supporting. He was so metal I'm afraid we spent most of the time shouting 'Holy Diver!' í  la South Park. It seemed clever at the time.

Comment

Hahahaha, oh, man. He must have loved that.

Comment

The Pistols' rather brief existence has been documented so many times and often quite well. Zero interest here.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeS View Post
                  The Pistols' rather brief existence has been documented so many times and often quite well. Zero interest here.
                  I'm interested in it because it's Danny Boyle and because it's based on Jones' excellent book. But something tells me that the few Pistols documentaries out there already will easily best it.

Comment

So this is actors portraying the band? That rarely, if ever works for me. I'll watch a documentary about a band I don't even like but a fictionalized portrayal (even if it closely follows the truth) just doesn't interest me.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                      So this is actors portraying the band? That rarely, if ever works for me. I'll watch a documentary about a band I don't even like but a fictionalized portrayal (even if it closely follows the truth) just doesn't interest me.
                      One of my favourite things is to watch documentaries about bands that I don't like, I don't know why. That one on Rush, Beyond The Lighted Stage, was fantastic. And I HATE that band.

Comment

One of my favourite things is to watch documentaries about bands that I don't like, I don't know why. That one on Rush, Beyond The Lighted Stage, was fantastic. And I HATE that band.
                        If it's a well done documentary with a compelling story I'll watch no matter what band it is. That one on The Eagles is a good example, I don't like them much at all but it was really well done. I watched a ton of those VH1 Behind The Music ones for bands I genuinely hate but still dug the docs.

Comment

The Eagles one is a great example, 3 hours and I was riveted, despite not liking their music. I'm hit or miss on Tom Petty, but the doc that Peter Bogdanovich did on him was amazing, and that was 4 hours.

Comment

The Eagles one is a great example, 3 hours and I was riveted, despite not liking their music. I'm hit or miss on Tom Petty, but the doc that Peter Bogdanovich did on him was amazing, and that was 4 hours.
                            I haven't seen that Petty doc, I'll have to take a couple evenings and watch it soon. I'm hit or miss on him as well but I'd be interested in seeing how Bogdanovich handles it.

Mark, if you ever want to see a documentary on the guy who invented the country/rock sound that The Eagles later cashed in on, check out GRAM PARSONS FALLEN ANGEL. Really fascinating story of a guy whose life was riddled with tragedy.

Comment

I would definitely recommend folks to Julien Temple's FILTH & THE FURY (2000). Temple also contributed to THE GREAT ROCK AND ROLL SWINDLE (1980) which is pretty crazy but has the benefit of being made at the time - believe it or not, it actually started out as a Russ Meyer film! And, the Doc D.O.A. (1980) has some good material
                              JoeS
                              Last edited by JoeS; 03-04-2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X