No announcement yet.

Peacemaker Series Starring John Cena Coming To HBO Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His upperbody is out of proportion with his lower body I think.

Anyway, this show is fun, I like the pseudo-80s hardrock/hair band soundtrack too, something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
      His upperbody is out of proportion with his lower body I think.

Anyway, this show is fun, I like the pseudo-80s hardrock/hair band soundtrack too, something different.
      It's never leg day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

Maybe what Darcy said.

Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I'm up to date. Meh! I have a lot of time during the day with the tv on in the background so I'll no doubt finish this. It's a frustrating one. It occassionaly edges towards being good but it gets constantly dragged down into being cute. Like that never ending conversation about a duck dressed as a man. This show does that several times an episode and I'm sure the thought is that such conversation are clever because they're dumb. No they're just dumb! Sometimes theyre mildly funny- The Berenstain Bears one- but even at times like that they are still very obvious.

It then wants to have 'heart' and 'character moments' but you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're characters are idiots to deliver punchlines then they don't get to have 'heart'.

When's The Boys back?
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

John Cena looks like the love child of Rondo Hatton and 2000 lbs of Angus beef.
            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Episode 5 out today.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

A second season was just announced. Haven't watched the finale yet but will after work tonight.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Finished it last night, I won't spoil it but the cameo made me laugh as did the human torpedo bits. Dom's comment earlier about cramming in more dramatic bits being awkward is spot on, but overall I thought this series was a lot of fun and I totally want a pet eagle.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    Finished it last night, I won't spoil it but the cameo made me laugh as did the human torpedo bits. Dom's comment earlier about cramming in more dramatic bits being awkward is spot on, but overall I thought this series was a lot of fun and I totally want a pet eagle.
                    "It's NOT a rumour."

Great finale, and there is word that the entire second season will be written and directed by Gunn. Hopefully the pacing is a bit better, as the first season felt like it could have used a couple more episodes than it got.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                      Great finale, and there is word that the entire second season will be written and directed by Gunn. Hopefully the pacing is a bit better, as the first season felt like it could have used a couple more episodes than it got.
                      I agree, I'd have been completely fine with a few more episodes as parts of the story got the short-shift. Still a lot of fun though.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It did feel a bit rushed but I'd take that over the massive amounts of filler a lot of series seem to struggle under these days.

Comment

I've had the theme song from the show stuck in my head for about 3 days straight and it's driving me a little crazy at this point.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Also James Gunn and Jennifer Holland got engaged.

https://www.cbr.com/peacemaker-james...nd-engagement/
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Can't argue with some of the criticism and the accolades here. Enjoyed this show overall. I'd be down with a pet eagle as well, though I'd love it if he didn't didn't drop dead rodents from above.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                I've had the theme song from the show stuck in my head for about 3 days straight and it's driving me a little crazy at this point.
                                The theme song is Do You Want to Taste It by Wig Wam, from 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X