No announcement yet.

Peacemaker Series Starring John Cena Coming To HBO Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know Gunn was directing the series too. I liked SUICIDE SQUAD (probably the first new superhero film I've watched in almost 10 years.)
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
      I didn't know Gunn was directing the series too. I liked SUICIDE SQUAD (probably the first new superhero film I've watched in almost 10 years.)
      He wrote and directed the first three episodes, and I think he wrote the whole season, if he didn't direct the whole thing. A lot of the dialog scenes really have his rhythm to them, and it's brilliant. John Cena is completely willing to look like an idiot for the sake of the gags, which elevates things tremendously, as his character is a total jackass and has some dialogue few actors could deliver with a straight face.

Also, DO NOT let the automatic "Play Next" kick in during the credits of the episodes, there are short bits after the credits, usually trims from scenes in the show. The one with him choosing a new helmet is hilarious.
      Darcy Parker
      Last edited by Darcy Parker; 01-20-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
        Also, DO NOT let the automatic "Play Next" kick in during the credits of the episodes, there are short bits after the credits, usually trims from scenes in the show. The one with him choosing a new helmet is hilarious.
        I watch HBO through Crave, so it fortunately doesn't have that feature. I fucking hate that shit on Netflix, though; I just don't like the assumption that no viewer wants to watch end credits.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I watch HBO through Crave, so it fortunately doesn't have that feature. I fucking hate that shit on Netflix, though; I just don't like the assumption that no viewer wants to watch end credits.
          Crave does that on Apple TV, and it kicks in like 3 seconds into the credits of anything. I hate it.

Just another symptom of how low-effort the apps for the Canadian streaming services are, but that's what farming your code out to India gets you. TSN's app drops its authorization token at random, and they refuse to actually make a properly-coded app that uses the TV Provider setup of tvOS and iOS to prevent issues just like that from happening!
          Darcy Parker
          Last edited by Darcy Parker; 01-15-2022, 05:26 PM. Reason: Fuck Bell!

Comment

Watching it on HBOMax on my PC, the skip option didn't come up until the the bonus scene was over.

Comment

Also watch HBO through Crave, and it pops up with the Next Episode timer and usually gives me 10 seconds of credits unless I highlight the credit screen and hit enter to go back. Maybe it's a platform and medium combination?

Comment

Originally posted by Wernski View Post
                Watching it on HBOMax on my PC, the skip option didn't come up until the the bonus scene was over.
                The app for the Canadian service the show is on doesn't seem to allow custom flags for that sort of thing, so as soon as the credits start, it's a 5-second timer to autoplay the next episode on Roku and Apple TV, for everything. It's annoying.

Comment

Two episodes in and, yeah, this is a lot of fun. They sure are taking a LOT of liberties with the comic book origins of the characters but it doesn't matter if it's accurate or not when it's as entertaining as this is.

And the HBO Max app in the US makes it pretty easy to sit through the credits. I hate when streaming services take that option away.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

It's odd that it's doing that. Usually if there's more to come Netflix lets it play through. You get the full Rick and Mortyy credits for instance 'cause that always has a bit on the end.

I'm two episodes in and I figure I'll keep going. In terms of tone, quality, sophistication and, hell, basically everything it sits somewhere between The Boys (on the high end) and MacGruber (on the low). I've watched more of MacGruber than I'm fully comfortable admitting.
                    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Okay, I didn't like this show when I tried to watch the first episode the other day, but then I watched the 2021 Suicide Squad and enjoyed it, and I guess it gave me enough background to give a shit. Enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                        Okay, I didn't like this show when I tried to watch the first episode the other day, but then I watched the 2021 Suicide Squad and enjoyed it, and I guess it gave me enough background to give a shit. Enjoying it.
                        Probably has more to do with John Cena running around in his underwear for half the show.
                        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post

Probably has more to do with John Cena running around in his underwear for half the show.
                          That dude is abnormal looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

That dude is abnormal looking.
                            Ha. How so? His body? Or his face?
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Both are kinda fucked up from his use of Human Growth Hormone to enhance his physique for years.

Comment

Maybe what Darcy said. I dunno. He looks so...enhanced.

Comment

Working...
                                X