Dark Side Of The Ring / Tales From The Territories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Side Of The Ring / Tales From The Territories

This Vice series has popped up on Hulu recently. Have only watched the first episode so far, which covers Macho Man and Ms. Elizabeth's story, but I found it pretty interesting. I'm no wrestling expert and I imagine those that are might take issue with some of the material, as lot of it is told via second hand information (which I guess it has to be when the subjects are dead) but as someone who followed it pretty closely in the 80s before giving up on it I dug it.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

The episode about the murder of Bruiser Brody is hard to watch. That story is such a disgusting miscarriage of Justice that it will ruin anyone's mood.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
      The episode about the murder of Bruiser Brody is hard to watch. That story is such a disgusting miscarriage of Justice that it will ruin anyone's mood.
      We watched that one last night and yeah, it's pretty rough. Such an insane story in so many ways. I went into it blind knowing nothing about the man and now want to know more about him. Looked up some of his Japanese matches on youtube and they're pretty insane.

We also watched the Montreal Screwjob episode, which surprised me because that is one wrestling story that I was pretty familiar with, but it managed to shine some new light on it for me, which I appreciated.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        We watched that one last night and yeah, it's pretty rough. Such an insane story in so many ways. I went into it blind knowing nothing about the man and now want to know more about him. Looked up some of his Japanese matches on youtube and they're pretty insane.

We also watched the Montreal Screwjob episode, which surprised me because that is one wrestling story that I was pretty familiar with, but it managed to shine some new light on it for me, which I appreciated.
        One Brody match you HAVE to see is the cage match against Lex Luger. It's on YouTube, and it's hilarious. Brody didn't want to work with Luger, and he just stops selling midway through the match, and it scares the living shit out of Luger.

Comment

Ha, I will look for that.

We watched the Von Erich episode yesterday. I knew nothing about their history, I just have vague memories of The Texas Tornado from when I was a kid and knew that they were a wrestling family kind of like the Hart family was. What a sad, tragic story.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            ....and knew that they were a wrestling family kind of like the Hart family was.
            I thought that said "kind of like my family was."

The Von Erichs and Bruiser Brody episodes were really great. I'd love to see more from this era. I was so WWF-focused that I missed out on so much in the 80s.
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
              I was so WWF-focused that I missed out on so much in the 80s.
              This is honestly the cutest thing I've ever read.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                This is honestly the cutest thing I've ever read.
                Ha! Why?
                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                  Ha! Why?
                  Just imagining you as a Little Hulkster in the '80s. Honestly, I didn't know many girls who were into wrestling when I was growing up. It's awesome!
                  Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                    Just imagining you as a Little Hulkster in the '80s. Honestly, I didn't know many girls who were into wrestling when I was growing up. It's awesome!
                    Ha! I was a pretty dorky kid. Loved Piper, Macho Man, The Hart Foundation. Definitely liked Hulk Hogan. I remember crying the night he first lost the belt.
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Going through old boxes of wrestling magazines, haha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200801_114256.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	358670
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Hopefully the companion seriex,The Wrestlers,gets added to Hulu.

In it the crew goes all over the world showing how wrestling is in say The Congo or Argentina.

Comment

Dark Side Of The Ring is being expanded to Dark Side Of Football and Dark Side Of The 90s.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/dark-si...fs-1234652001/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"Dark Side of the Ring: Confidential: Through deleted scenes, bonus clips, and new interviews, the trio will expand on the stories told in some of the most popular episodes of Dark Side of the Ring, tackling unanswered questions, taking viewers behind-the-scenes of the making of each episode and digging deep with special guests including Tommy Dreamer, The Blue Meanie, Savio Vega, and former WWE referee Mike Chioda. Each episode will explore a major moment from the series, including the Von Erich brothers' tragic deaths, The Montreal Screwjob, conspiracy theories surrounding Gino Hernandez's death, and more."

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/dark-sid...to-docuseries/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Can't wait. And season 3 of Dark Side looks great. Nick Gage,FMW and XPW!!

Also Dark Side's 1 season sister series ,The Wrestlers,is up on Vice's on demand. Been rewatching them. Love the one on Voodoo Wrestling in the Congo.

Comment

Working...
                              X