Disney +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney +

What stuff have you found on here? We just got it yesterday but haven't looked through much yet. Totally psyched for The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh from the 80s when Pooh was, like, a cool guy. I've looked for it occasionally on DVD but it was only ever released on videotape.

Excited to find some of the weird old live action stuff from the 70s and 80s. Though sadly, The B.R.A.T. Patrol is not there. :down:
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

I'm gonna wait for the tech glitches to work out and the library to build up a bit. I'm not big on superhero flicks, and I have good versions of the original Star Wars. What I'd really like are those Donald Duck cartoons Disney used to put out on video in the 80's, not sure if they're on there.

Comment

Watch the new series of Mickey Mouse shorts that started up a few years ago, with the more modern art style. They are seriously some of the best stuff Disney has produced in ages. Same for the new DuckTales series.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        I'm gonna wait for the tech glitches to work out and the library to build up a bit. I'm not big on superhero flicks, and I have good versions of the original Star Wars. What I'd really like are those Donald Duck cartoons Disney used to put out on video in the 80's, not sure if they're on there.
        Yeah, I was looking up that stuff. When I had The Disney Channel in the 80s and 90s, I used to love watching the old Mickey and Donald stuff. From what I saw yesterday, the mickey stuff seems to be clustered but the Donald stuff is individual, by title. It'd be great if I could just watch all of them one after the other.
        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I'm gonna wait for the tech glitches to work out...
          Yeah, there was a bit of lag, even while just scrolling through titles.
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
            Yeah, there was a bit of lag, even while just scrolling through titles.
            They apparently had more than quadruple the amount of subscribers they were prepared for, and have been increasing server capacity by the day since launch, but it still isn't enough. Netflix should be very worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
              They apparently had more than quadruple the amount of subscribers they were prepared for....
              Probably weren't expecting R!S!P!...
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Hasn't gotten here yet, and when it does in march or april next year, I won't be getting it as me and disney do not mix well.
                "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Just got Disney+ in Oz. I'm flicking through it now. I'm kind of shocked at how little connection I have with their catalogue. Turns out I didn't watch Disney stuff even when I was a kid. I'll rewatch Tron and Adventure in Babysitting. Otherwise...

I wonder why the 20th Fox library is not included. Just The Simpsons... That would be a much more interesting collection.
                  "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

If it is on there already check out the 3 Caberellos cartoon. The first season aired on some Disney streaming service in the Philipines last year. Then somehow the english versions of these episodes leaked early this year. Great show that makes up for how bland most modern DIsney cartoons have been for decades.

Comment

My big issue with the Disney catalog is that Disney films were what my mom used to rent becauase it was 25 bucks for 3 films, and she would rent 2 Disney films for my younger sister and I. So i was 12 and into Cannon action films, but she was coming hone with stuff like The Apple Dumpling gang. I dont need to see those again.

Comment

My big issue with the Disney catalog is that Disney films were what my mom used to rent becauase it was 25 bucks for 3 films, and she would rent 2 Disney films for my younger sister and I. So i was 12 and into Cannon action films, but she was coming hone with stuff like The Apple Dumpling gang. I dont need to see those again.
                        My mom use to do that every summer. My two cousins would spend most of the summer with my grandparents. So every few days mom would go rent movies. Now I am 5 years older than one of my cousins and 7 years older than the other. So while I was watching to see stuff like Death Wish or Terminator she would rent crap like Heidi's song or some animated crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                          My mom use to do that every summer. My two cousins would spend most of the summer with my grandparents. So every few days mom would go rent movies. Now I am 5 years older than one of my cousins and 7 years older than the other. So while I was watching to see stuff like Death Wish or Terminator she would rent crap like Heidi's song or some animated crap.
                          Damn, glad I found someone else who suffered like I did. What a nightmare. The Donald Duck cartoons were always welcome, because, along with Goofy, they seemed more subversive.

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                            If it is on there already check out the 3 Caberellos cartoon. The first season aired on some Disney streaming service in the Philipines last year. Then somehow the english versions of these episodes leaked early this year. Great show that makes up for how bland most modern DIsney cartoons have been for decades.
                            Disney has done some really great stuff for TV overseas, especially in Asia. I somehow managed to find torrents of their Japan-only series Fireball when my daughter saw the main character and wanted to see the show, and it was hard to believe it was Disney. It was a CG series about a robot girl in a post-apocalypse world being taught about humans, who were extinct. Really bizarre humour and stunning visuals.

Comment

They have the 90's Silver Surfer cartoon online right now. It isn't really very good but it's still rad (ha!) to see it there.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X