TV worth watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
    Finished off Wayne and got to wondering when we would get a second series. Seems like never. Apparently it was a youtube production and given youtube originals are no more it's unlikely to get another run unless it does good business on Amazon. Given Amazon seems to have buried it that would seem to be that.

I hope these services get themselves sorted out fast. I just finished the second season of Warrior. It finishes by setting up all the characters for new conflicts in the third season. Very little resolved at all. And that's probably where it ends because Warner's killed Cinemax while they reshuffle everything for their goddamned HBO Max project. Programs should be cancelled because they've become stultifyingly dull and no ones watching not because of corporate reshuffles.
    Warrior got a third season announced a couple of months ago, and it will wrap the series up.

Comment

I was shocked by how satisfying KINGDOM, the Frank Grillo MMA series was. It's pretty much YELLOWSTONE but with 'roid pong instead of cowboys: family stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
        I was shocked by how satisfying KINGDOM, the Frank Grillo MMA series was. It's pretty much YELLOWSTONE but with 'roid pong instead of cowboys: family stuff.
        Thanks for the heads up, I just watched the trailer for season 1, it looks pretty damn good. Not sure when I'll get around to it but it's in my brain now.

*TRIGGER WARNING!* I finished Season 2 of TIN STAR last night. Boy does this show take a bunch of wild turns. Season 2 takes on WITNESS for it's inspiration, taking place in a fictional (oh dear!) Amish town in (gulp) Canada. *sweats profusely* Anyone looking for any kind of realism need not apply. Those looking for incredible acting and dark comic takes should definitely give it a whirl. First thing I watched in long time that doesn't telegraph where it's going. I'm still uncertain about season 3. I watched the trailer for it and kind of shrugged. Maybe down the road after I sit for a spell.

I keep missing BOSCH. They're filming the spinoff right now so maybe by next Spring/early Summer.

Right now I am completely consumed by Steve Rinella's MEATEATER. No pun intended.
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TinStarParentsGuide.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	360451

Moderation in some things seems aboot right. Season 3: Liverpool, eh?
          Barry M
          Super Fiend
          Last edited by Barry M; 08-18-2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
            Warrior got a third season announced a couple of months ago, and it will wrap the series up.
            Indeed! There's a dedicated Warrior somewhere about where I've celebrated that. You had me worried there with the 'wrap the series up' comment. Got me googling. The official word from Trooper when asked if it will be the last season was "this is way too much work to put back together to just do one more season.'
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Indeed! There's a dedicated Warrior somewhere about where I've celebrated that. You had me worried there with the 'wrap the series up' comment. Got me googling. The official word from Trooper when asked if it will be the last season was "this is way too much work to put back together to just do one more season.'
              That's even better! The reports I had read said three was to be the end, but I am glad they are wrong! Warrior is one of my favourites that I watched during lockdown. I'm just pissed that the live-action Cowboy Bebop series didn't even try to get Andrew Koji as Spike.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]27688[/ATTACH]

Moderation in some things seems aboot right. Season 3: Liverpool, eh?
                Alcohol, Drugs and smoking: Moderate
                The drinking is severe. Drugs too for a little while. Tim Roth uses alcohol like a superhero power activator, similar to Dan Clowes' DEATH-RAY. LOTS of drinking on the show. That's my biggest takeaway when thinking about it. I think of Tim Roth drinking.
                "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Tin Star: four episodes in, two tins of Randy's rail spinach down. The F in RCFP is for effin, I see; usage could catch on here.

Comment

Samuel Jackson, Brendan Fraser buddy RCMFP flick, please.

Comment

Heels on Starz aint bad. One episode so far. But decently written. Got good reviews from the people I know that watched it. But all of them are wrestlers so they are a bit biased.

Plus lots of them are sucking up to Luke Hawx,who is head stunt guy and something else on the show. Trying to get him to book them for season 2.

Comment

Michael Waldron's having a bit of a streak.

Comment

Watched a few episodes of 9 Perfect Strangers last night. Hell of a cast. Jury's still out on whether it's watchable though. At this pont it's just kind of bulbbling along without really letting us know where it's going. I only mention the show because it's always odd when you have two shows or movies that come out at the same time that are on very similar territory. On the surface this one looks an awful lot like The White Lotus. Unpleasant rich white people on holiday and the people who serve and despise them.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Brand New Cherry Flavour. One thing that can be said for sure about this show, the people behind it are big fans of Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive. I'm 3 episodes into this. I'm kinda, sorta entertained. It's sorta Lynch for angsty teenage girls. Which sounds bloody horrible, and I guess it is. Maybe if I described it as a cross between planet Terror and Lynch, which it also sorta feels like, it would sound more palatable. It's not like you get a lot of horror on tv. Plus my cats love this show. The main character keeps vomiting kittens and its driving my cats berserk. They spend most of the show stalking the tv. Wandering round the back to see if the kittens have escaped back there when they leave the screen. Which just doubles the entertainment.

Comment

Okay maybe I was being too harsh on this show. Episode 4 has some scenes Cronenberg wished he'd had the balls to shoot. I don't want to spoil it but you know the bio ports in Existenz? They allowed Cronenberg to get a bit naughty in a mainstream film. BNCF takes that that stuff to another level.

Comment

Plus my cats love this show.

Comment

Working...
                                X