No announcement yet.

Kids in the Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some catchphrases I still use....

1. "Gotta get.. back on the horse."
    2. "Have a good weekend... I'm JOKING!"
    3. "Ya lost me."
    4. "My dad says dope is for dopes. But he only says that when he's, y'know, drunk."
    5. "My hands. My... my penis."
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

All that I remember from this is "I'm crushing your head", but my Canadian work colleague Dave treated this like it was his religion. Well, this and Strange Brew (which I also love).
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

This one was cracking me up last night...

Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

RIP The Canary. There used to be so many awesome greasy diners down on Cherry Street.

Comment

Huge fan here. Own all the seasons, even taped them from CBC on VHS back in the day, and have seen them live (fifth row)!

So many hilarious moments on this show! My favourite has to be, “You think I've gone mad? Mad with power? You're right! PERKINS, UNDER YOUR DESK!”

One of the greatest sketch shows ever, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
              Catchphrases I still use....

1. "Thirty Helens Agree"
              2. "I'm The King of the Mercy Fuck!"
              3. "IT WAS CITIZEN KANE!!! IT WAS CITIZEN KANE!"
              4. "That's fuckin' good ham"
              5. "I pee through my penis!"
              6. "You don't like us" (from the banker doesn't like us)
              7. "Remember, don't say anything, or....chop chop!"
              8. "To Reg! And ritualistic murder!"
              9. "EVIL!!!"
              10. "My Pen!!!"
              11. "Slipped my mind"
              12. "These kids at my school? They smoke. And they taught their dog to smoke"
              13. "But I want an apology NOW!"
              14. "Like a soft breeze blowin' through my bank account".
              15. "Try it now!"
              16. "I'll have the putrid soup"
              17. "He doesn't stand a chance in hell! He's got a MEAT HAND!!!"
              18. "Get out of my cab, you Serbian bastard!"
              Nice to know I'm not the only one who uses a bunch of these!

Comment

Kids in the Hall. It originally aired on HBO in the US, before it went to Comedy Central.

I recall the first episode I saw, involved death in the farmer's house. It didn't make much sense to me, i was young, so it went over my head a bit, but, I liked it. I didn't quite get it all, but, I liked Kids in the Hall, and I wanted to see more of it. Later, I'd catch more episodes on HBO, and even later, Comedy Central.

The dog sketch, linked below, I still recall the first time I saw that sketch. It went along like a horror film, then came the end of the sketch. I recall being confused, looking around my living room, also late at night, and wondering what the fuck I just saw...

Oh, I very much enjoy The Kids in the Hall. In 2016 I went through all 5 seasons, again. It had been a while.

Many quotes:
                - "Slipped my mind"
                - "Happy Birthday, Son!"
                - "The beard stays, YOU GO!"
                - "Is that you, Dan?"
                - "It's..... THE WOLF!"
                - "MY PEN!"
                - "All right, girls. LET'S GET THE WHORING STARTED!"

Some, as I have aged, I find funnier. Drunk Dad advice is a great one. The camp thing, for middle-aged men being animals...

The re-runs, on Comedy Central, were around even in the 00's. I had a routine, for certain days, before work, I'd get ready, eat, and watch 30-60min before leaving the house. They ran 2 episodes back-to-back. It would enhance my mood, before leaving. Also, there was on occasion an episode I hadn't seen before, so i had that bonus.

I recall once, some guys introduced theirselves to me as being from Canada, I forget how I threw it into conversation//introduction, but I said something like, "The Kids in the Hall is awesome".

Oh, this sketch, slow motion, done as Jess Franco would have:

And some favorites, below:

THE BEARD STAYS, YOU GO!

Great stuff...

Oh, and can't forget the maid...

With The Kids in the Hall, there are so many favorites...

Comment

Haha, I love this thread so much. I forgot about one of the other lines I commonly use, until I used it recently...

"THAT'S CRAP, THEO!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Ringeisen View Post
                    Kids in the Hall. It originally aired on HBO in the US, before it went to Comedy Central.
                    Ian and I were talking about this last night because at the end of the credits CBC and HBO are listed. Was KITH ever on HBO new?
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                      Ian and I were talking about this last night because at the end of the credits CBC and HBO are listed. Was KITH ever on HBO new?
                      Yes, maybe a bit after originally airing in Canada, as in days, week, months. But, yeah, if season 1 was in Canada, season 1 was on HBO in the US around the same time.

I had to look it up, and it read online, in the US it was on HBO for seasons 1-3, then CBS picked it up to air on Fridays after David Letterman during Season 3, the re-runs. During Seasons 4 and 5, HBO dropped it, and CBS aired them after Letterman on Firdays.

I don't recall much of them airing after Letterman. Possibly, because of how late it was showing, and only 1 day a week. HBO, it was on at different times, different days, typically evening, from what I recall. I probably watched a few episodes on CBS, but, if it aired around 1:00am, only 1 day a week, I would have likely been sleeping, or preparing to.

Comedy Central had re-runs for a long time. That's why I have the gap of HBO to Comedy Central, without recalling much of the show on CBS.

Good times, getting ready to leave the house, and turning on the TV during that time because KITH re-runs are on Comedy Central.

Comment

Yeah, I only ever watched it on Comedy Central to my recollection. Do you remember Short Attention Span Theater? I don't think I've ever met anyone else that knows it.
                        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

"Bel Biv DeVoe."
                          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                            Yeah, I only ever watched it on Comedy Central to my recollection. Do you remember Short Attention Span Theater? I don't think I've ever met anyone else that knows it.
                            Yes, I recall SAST. I recall watching it, but, nothing really stands out about it, with me, other than it being comedy clips and such.

I do recall Comedy Central's other sketch show, Vacant Lot. Not many recall this show. It took be a while to figure out the name of that show, but when youtube came along, people eventually uploaded some skits. What led me to it, was I recalled the skit, "He slept on his arms last night" and the guys trying to figure out the lyrics to, 'Blinded by the light", and the group incorporating the word, "Douche" into the lyrics, haha.

Also, Exit 57, sketch show. Only sketch fromt hat show, that really stood out to me, was, "Professional Children.". Another one not many recall on Comedy Central.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                              "Bel Biv DeVoe."

Can't fix the car without a whooooole lotta milk.

Comment

"Jim FUCKING Morrison told me!" Is forever etched into my brain.
                                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
                                X