Werner Herzog To Direct Fordlandia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Werner Herzog To Direct Fordlandia

"Werner Herzog is coming to television as the director and executive producer of “Fordlandia,” a new series set in the 1920s and based on Henry Ford's attempt to built a Utopian society in the heart of the Amazon. The series is being developed by Ashok Amritraj's Hyde Park Entertainment Group, which acquired the rights to Greg Grandin's Pulitzer Prize-winning novel of the same name. Deadline first reported the news.

“Fordlandia” is being written by Christopher Wilkinson, best known as the Oscar-nominated screenwriter behind “Nixon.” Wilkinson's other credits include “Pawn Sacrifice,” “Ali,” and “Miles Ahead.” Rights to the novel were purchased with plans of developing the story into a television series. Wilkinson will serve as an executive producer along with Herzog."

More here.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm all over this.

Comment

Fordzcarraldo.

Comment

This reminds me of a Werner Herzog parody account on Twitter. And the guy was proudly tweeting how he blocked Americans and I told him that's not very Herzog-ian and he blocked me.

True story.
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Was that the Werner Twertzog account? Because that account is gold.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It was.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Haha, it's kind of great that he commits as hard as he does though.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
              X