No announcement yet.

Cobra Kai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't started on this yet, but I do have discs of series 1-3. How many series before it turns to shite?
    ​​​​​
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
      I haven't started on this yet, but I do have discs of series 1-3. How many series before it turns to shite?
      ​​​​​
      It's really only the first half dozen episodes that are particularly good, after that it's a gradual slide with occassional good bits to keep you hoping. Even then I wonder how good those first episodes were versus how much they exceeded our expectations. I should go back and have a look at them again.

But the show starts out being Zabka's story. As soon as it get away from that it gets a little lost because none of the other characters are interesting or fun.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post

It's really only the first half dozen episodes that are particularly good, after that it's a gradual slide with occassional good bits to keep you hoping. Even then I wonder how good those first episodes were versus how much they exceeded our expectations. I should go back and have a look at them again.

But the show starts out being Zabka's story. As soon as it get away from that it gets a little lost because none of the other characters are interesting or fun.
        Cheers. Oh well, at least the episodes are short, will have to give series one a spin. What's prevented me to date is just how obsessed my friend's kid is with this series. I grew up with the Karate Kid flicks so that gives me a free pass to still enjoy them, but I might feel like the sole adult sitting in on the Disney matinee.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post

Cheers. Oh well, at least the episodes are short, will have to give series one a spin. What's prevented me to date is just how obsessed my friend's kid is with this series. I grew up with the Karate Kid flicks so that gives me a free pass to still enjoy them, but I might feel like the sole adult sitting in on the Disney matinee.
          You grew up with the movies, so you'll be fine. It's a popular series for a reason - it's surprisingly good.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

You grew up with the movies, so you'll be fine. It's a popular series for a reason - it's surprisingly good.
            There's a lot to like, though I will agree that I liked it better when it was Johnny's story.

Comment

• Finished S5 last night and while the final episode did at least have a lot of fighting (I liked seeing Johnny kick the shit out of some bad guys), overall, yeah, this season was definitely weaker than past ones. Still, I'm here for S6, if only to see how Kreese's narrative plays out and how they wrap everything up.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                X