In the way?
    Correct.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post

Correct.
      I love this haha

Comment

• They need to have Cobra Kai destroy another small bonsai tree shop to reassert their dominance. Bonus points if it is owned by a teenager.

Comment

• Finally pulling the pin on this show. Usually if I get 5 seasons deep into a program I stick with it to the bitter end. We were on the fifth spisode which features the rival karate clans at a water park having a race on a slide to decide who gets the water park as their territory. It breaks into another fight when Cobra Kai are accused of cheating and my partner looked at me and said 'I don't think people in their 40s can be watching this and maintain self respect'. I really couldn't argue. There were a couple funny Zabka moments but at this point this is just a not very good soap where people kick each other a lot.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• It really didn't do much for me this season. I'll stick it out because there's only one left, but I found a few fun moments and that was it.

Comment

• This really seems to be the norm nowadays. Good series turn into stale, boring, filler material really quick. This and Killing Eve are the prime examples.
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• I’ve got season 5 downloaded, but expectations aren’t very high.

After watching the first four episodes, those expectations are definitely being met. This really fell off from the first season's promise.
                Darcy Parker
                Last edited by Darcy Parker; 09-18-2022, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• I was amused that the committee for the big Japanese tournament didn't have one olf their own as the referee for a trial match, even just stepping in after an obviously questionable call from the local ref, who KEPT LOOKING AT THE OWNER OF ONE OF THE DOJOS AS IF TO CONFIRM HE'D BEEN BRIBED. SMH
                  Darcy Parker
                  Last edited by Darcy Parker; 09-21-2022, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• It's definitely a drop off and the water park episode might have been a new low, but we're half way through and while it isn't as good as what came before, by quite a margin, I'm still finding it amusing. Not necessarily good - like Dom says, it's a soap opera, but it's always kinda been a soap opera - but it's a breezy enough watch that doesn't ask much of me and Johnny is still pretty amusing most of the time. I did get a laugh out of the FBI shirts bit even if the whole 'Miguel in Mexico' subplot brought a whole lot of nothing to the show. At least so far. I dunno what'll happen in episodes 6-10 yet.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      It's definitely a drop off and the water park episode might have been a new low, but we're half way through and while it isn't as good as what came before, by quite a margin, I'm still finding it amusing. Not necessarily good - like Dom says, it's a soap opera, but it's always kinda been a soap opera - but it's a breezy enough watch that doesn't ask much of me and Johnny is still pretty amusing most of the time. I did get a laugh out of the FBI shirts bit even if the whole 'Miguel in Mexico' subplot brought a whole lot of nothing to the show. At least so far. I dunno what'll happen in episodes 6-10 yet.
                      The Mexican misadventure really has NO significance to the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                        I was amused that the committee for the big Japanese tournament didn't have one olf their own as the referee for a trial match, even just stepping in after an obviously questionable call from the local ref, who KEPT LOOKING AT THE OWNER OF ONE OF THE DOJOS AS IF TO CONFIRM HE'D BEEN BRIBED. SMH
                        True, but no worse than KKIII where Terry Silver is always around a corner laughing diabolically so that we know he's up to no good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

True, but no worse than KKIII where Terry Silver is always around a corner laughing diabolically so that we know he's up to no good.
                          Interesting how there's a common factor between the two things sucking....

Comment

Interesting how there's a common factor between the two things sucking....
                            Yeah, I'm way past the Terry Silver thing. Gimme Kreese, gimme Johnny. No more needed. Including that bonsai smashing Tommy Guns wannabe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

Yeah, I'm way past the Terry Silver thing. Gimme Kreese, gimme Johnny. No more needed. Including that bonsai smashing Tommy Guns wannabe.
                              You know, now that they've brought back everyone else from the old movies that's still alive, they need to show us how the bonsais from Daniel's shop have handled the last 30 years.

Comment

You know, now that they've brought back everyone else from the old movies that's still alive, they need to show us how the bonsais from Daniel's shop have handled the last 30 years.
                                "What's a bonsai?" would be the likely answer

Comment

Working...
                                X