Name:	71QYsYCzd9L._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	356451
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Depending on extras, I may have to grab the blus of this.

Comment

So apparently the Aussie release is only 1 disc, which could lead to compression issues.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...=319641&page=4

Click image for larger version

Name:	VDe0382.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	356560
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

We have to remember to watch this since I bought it on Prime!
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Watched the first 4 episodes and it's really great. So much better than you'd expect.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

It really was a surprise.

Comment

Season 2 is available for free on YouTube now.

EDIT: So, I guess they're only releasing two free episodes every Wednesday. Episode 1 and 2 are available now, and 3 and 4 will be available next week. It's hard to not want to binge it, but it'll at least be something to look forward to.
                  Matt H.
                  Last edited by Matt H.; 09-11-2019, 07:54 PM.
                  Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Finally finished S1 last night. It's a really fun show. You have to be able to suspend your disbelief in a big way, mind you, but there's a lot of entertainment to be had here. Johnny kinda rules.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It really bothers me that people in the show connected to Daniel see Johnny as a bad guy. To me, for the most part, they're all bad guys. There's really nobody in the show thus far (season one) that is truly good. In many ways the good become bad and the bad become good and back and forth. It also bothers me to see montages comparing Daniel to Mr. Miyagi when Mr. Miyagi helped Daniel simply to help him, yet Daniel has only selfish reasons for helping Robby. I really like the backstory and conflict with Johnny's character bringing up reasons he was the way he was in the original movie that in hindsight paints him as a victim of his home life.

So far really enjoying this. Liking Johnny more as the series progresses and disliking Daniel more as the series progresses...
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                        It really bothers me that people in the show connected to Daniel see Johnny as a bad guy. To me, for the most part, they're all bad guys. There's really nobody in the show thus far (season one) that is truly good. In many ways the good become bad and the bad become good and back and forth. It also bothers me to see montages comparing Daniel to Mr. Miyagi when Mr. Miyagi helped Daniel simply to help him, yet Daniel has only selfish reasons for helping Robby. I really like the backstory and conflict with Johnny's character bringing up reasons he was the way he was in the original movie that in hindsight paints him as a victim of his home life.

So far really enjoying this. Liking Johnny more as the series progresses and disliking Daniel more as the series progresses...
                        I'm not trying to be flippant, here, but; yes. I think that's the point. Cobra Kai humanizes Johnny, and shows Daniel as the guy who lucked out, being in the right place at the right time. I love that this show not only gives Johnny's side of the conflict, but also showcases what a fantastic actor Billy Zabka is.

Comment

Yeah, I know everything I said is the point of the show and it's successfully having the intended effect on me. Still... it's making me want to punch things.
                          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

You should just marvel at how amazing Zabka is.

Comment

What do you know him from that impresses you so? Other than Karate Kid I only know him from small parts in other 80s films. I like him. Just wonder what you know him from specifically.
                              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                                What do you know him from that impresses you so? Other than Karate Kid I only know him from small parts in other 80s films. I like him. Just wonder what you know him from specifically.
                                I know him from the same stuff that you do; it was always awesome to see him pop up in films in the 80's. Aside from Karate Kid, love him in Just One of the Guys, European Vacation and especially Back To School. The reason I appreciate him so much in Cobra Kai is that it turns the typical Zabka 80's role on its ear; he always seemed to play the same rich, blond, jerkoff character. Cobra Kai almost seems to be like an E True Hollywood story.

Comment

Working...
                                X