Cult/Exploitation/Horror Streaming Channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cult/Exploitation/Horror Streaming Channels

Figured this would make a good idea for a thread, since there are a lot of options out there that tend to fly under peoples' radars.

Any suggestions for streaming channels that would appeal to people that are into the kind of movies that we're into?

Obviously ExploitationTV is great, though lately their additions seem to mirror Vinegar Syndrome's DVD/Blu-ray schedule (they don't seem to be adding the oddball rarities or titles from other labels that they once were).

Shudder gets a lot of positive feedback online, though we don't personally use it.

There are some fun free ones out there that have interesting content, though I've no idea how 'authorized' some of it really is. A good example is the Blue Mermaid Drive-In Channel. It's a free on that offers all sorts of Russ Meyer pictures, some Ilsa films and plenty more.

I've also heard good things about Asian Mayhem offering a lot of Chinese and Japanese exploitation pictures.

The Roku Channel store has a lot of stuff:

https://channelstore.roku.com/browse/movies-and-tv

I also know that there are 'hidden' channels that deal in adult content the same way ExploitationTV does (also a hidden channel) but I've actually never added any of them (honest). Not sure if they're any good for features and stuff or if they're just clip based tube sites.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I still want Sling for El Rey!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
      El Rey is one of the 3 channels I watch. Where else can I see New York Ripper at 4pm,followed by Lucha Underground. Then some Shaw Bros films.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        Figured this would make a good idea for a thread, since there are a lot of options out there that tend to fly under peoples' radars.

Any suggestions for streaming channels that would appeal to people that are into the kind of movies that we're into?

Obviously ExploitationTV is great, though lately their additions seem to mirror Vinegar Syndrome's DVD/Blu-ray schedule (they don't seem to be adding the oddball rarities or titles from other labels that they once were).

Shudder gets a lot of positive feedback online, though we don't personally use it.

There are some fun free ones out there that have interesting content, though I've no idea how 'authorized' some of it really is. A good example is the Blue Mermaid Drive-In Channel. It's a free on that offers all sorts of Russ Meyer pictures, some Ilsa films and plenty more.

I've also heard good things about Asian Mayhem offering a lot of Chinese and Japanese exploitation pictures.

The Roku Channel store has a lot of stuff:

https://channelstore.roku.com/browse/movies-and-tv

I also know that there are 'hidden' channels that deal in adult content the same way ExploitationTV does (also a hidden channel) but I've actually never added any of them (honest). Not sure if they're any good for features and stuff or if they're just clip based tube sites.
        I have a bunch on my Roku, the main one among them being EXTV, of course. Blue Mermaid is a good one, and there are a few others.

I find a lot of these channels have a ton of public domain movies, then sneak in a couple of titles that aren't public domain. Lots of overlap, too, in the form of the same movies, but that's ok.

Overall, I've grown to like my Roku (well, all four of the units I own; one for each tv), and I prefer them to my Apple TV. The customization is nice, and the fact that anyone can start a "channel" is cool. I also like the fact they're relatively cheap; we have one to throw in the suitcase when we travel to watch Netflix and all the other channels. The newest unit is optimized for hotel wifi, I think.

I also saw stuff like a STARLOST "channel" awhile back, but it must have gotten pulled due to copyright. It's always nice to find surprises like that on the Roku.

I'll have to list the other channels I have when I get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
          I'm literally jealous! We can't get El Rey here in Canada....and it looks AWESOME.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the live stream format channels. B-Movie TV and Shockwerks TV are two of the best that Roku has to offer. You can always catch some really fun films on their schedules. The Saturday night Midnight Sleaze movie on B-Movie TV is highly recommended. Bizarre TV is another one. They became a pay channel for awhile so I haven't checked it out lately, but I think it's now free again. Might be worth a look too.

Comment

Sorry for the double post...

Wicked Horror TV just launched. It doesn't have a huge selection now, but the exciting thing is it's a free On Demand style channel that isn't ad sponsored. Not yet anyway. Does anyone know of any others like this? The only other one I know of is the private channel Back from the Grave. The rest I've tried are so full of ads that they're nearly unwatchable.

Comment

Working...
              X