A thread about Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
    Is she still married to Burton? If so I'm sure he'd have the cash to keep her in the manner to which she has become accustomed.

I do see headlines talking about ratings slumps. I've never looked into it but I'm a bit suss on talks of ratings slumps given the way people watch television has entirely changed. I can't see a straight man getting the role. It would like they were running up the white flag. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it's they go with a gay male or transgender. Females not out of the question though. Even if the ratings did go down I'm sure the BBC can see that the quality of the program did too. You can't blame anyone for not sticking around for those last two seasons. In fact anyone who got through the likes of Praxeus deserves a medal. Still enjoying the new season though. Sub Moffatt quality but I prefer it to the Ecclestone/Tennant years.
    She split up from Burton a while back, but he probably pays her a fuck tonne of child support.

Personally, I don't really care if they do run it into the ground. I don't care much for anything post Eccleston. I don't think I've ever watched a Whittaker episode, she may be incredible for all I know.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Bleeuuurgh. There were a couple good episodes in this season but any hope that they would be tied up, all the seemingly meaningless side quests become meaningful, were dashed at the last hurdle. I couldn't make head nor tail of the last episode that was full of scifi babble and demanded a level of attention that I'm just not willing to give to Dr Who. The Timeless Child stuff is still hanging unexplained. It seems the Doctor is going to be explained away as a kind of universal elemental force- like Elsa in Frozen 2 but this leaves the final verdict still hanging.

Its disappointing. The earlier episodes were goodish as long as you were willing to forgive a lot of extraneous feeling stuff that I figured would have some purpose later on. All that stuff turned out not to have a purpose so I was perhaps overrating them.

There just seems to be no time in Chibnalls episodes. Companions never get to have a moment to step out the broad stereotype companions are always introduced as. All rush, no character. Personality goes a long way.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• The New Years special was actually a lot of fun and is a totally stand alone episode if you wanted to see the new doctor at work before she's replaced. Best in I don't know how long.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Elmo meets Daleks.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/sesame-s...ries-14-plans/
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The new Doctor has been announced: Ncuti Gatwa. I don't know him. Apparently he starred in Sex Education but I only watched a few episodes of that and I don't know if he was in the ones I saw. So no opinion from me.

Surprised and a bit disappointed they've gone young and male again though. Whittaker had dreadful scripts , epitomized by the farken diabolical Sea Devils special a couple weeks ago, and I'd like to see a female Doctor with a decent showrunner.

There was a job advertisement for an effects role on Doctor Who the other day that described the upcoming run as the 'second reboot.' Interesting to see what's planned. After Chibnall added that awful layer to the Doctors history I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Daniel Craig and rebooted the Doctor right back to his origins to get out of that mess. I'd be keen to see a new series that begins with a young, bored doctor stealing a Tardis.

"Doctor Who: Ncuti Gatwa to replace Jodie Whittaker, BBC announces | Doctor Who | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...-bbc-announces

Comment

• I looked him up on IMDB and have never seen anything with him in so I really can't judge him but I'm fine with the choice. I suspect Davies may do what a number of comic book writers do and sort of ignore anything that came after he left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas Wood View Post
                I looked him up on IMDB and have never seen anything with him in so I really can't judge him but I'm fine with the choice. I suspect Davies may do what a number of comic book writers do and sort of ignore anything that came after he left.
                That would be an option. It would look like a very egocentric thing to do though. To take something that has 60 years of continuity and suddenly excise a bunch of years because he wasn't involved. That would seem odd. But then you've had Tenant being cagey about being in the new series recently so maybe.

I feel there will have to be something drastic done to clean up post Chibnall.

Comment

• David Tennant and Catherine Tate will return as the tenth Doctor and companion Donna Noble for Doctor Who’s 60th anniversary.

https://geekositymag.com/david-tenna...to-doctor-who/
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Anyone watching Moffatts take on The Time Travellers Wife? Not sure I'm entirely into it but it's an interesting watch as a primer for Moffatts take on Who. I watch this just ticking off all the things he stole from this book for the Smith era of Who. Little red headed girl waiting for the return of her time traveller? Well that's Amy Pond right there. The way the time traveller and his wife have to compare notes as they are both at different points in their relationship? Well that's the Doctor and River. The shows but two episodes in so not sure if it's a good watch yet. It's whip smart as you'd expect from Moffatt but it's unclear whether he's leaning into the blood and amputated feet that are time travelling about the place or the romantic comedy. Hoping for the feet myself.

Comment

• "Earlier today, we learned from incoming showrunner Russell T Davies that Emmy & Tony Award-winning actor and comedian Neil Patrick Harris had joined the list of names taking part in the Doctor Who 60th-anniversary celebration specials, joining a list of names that includes David Tennant (Tenth Doctor), Catherine Tate (Donna Noble), and Yasmin Finney (Rose). "It's my huge honour to open our studio doors for the mighty Neil Patrick Harris… but who, why, what is he playing? You'll just have to wait," Davies wrote when the news first broke earlier today. "But I promise you, the stuff we're shooting now is off the scale. Doctor beware!" But what about Harris? well, not too long after we got to hear from NPH himself."

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/doctor-w...o-do-my-worst/
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I bet I know where they'll go with that, coz they're both like doctors innit? Cringe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          "Earlier today, we learned from incoming showrunner Russell T Davies that Emmy & Tony Award-winning actor and comedian Neil Patrick Harris had joined the list of names taking part in the Doctor Who 60th-anniversary celebration specials, joining a list of names that includes David Tennant (Tenth Doctor), Catherine Tate (Donna Noble), and Yasmin Finney (Rose). "It's my huge honour to open our studio doors for the mighty Neil Patrick Harris… but who, why, what is he playing? You'll just have to wait," Davies wrote when the news first broke earlier today. "But I promise you, the stuff we're shooting now is off the scale. Doctor beware!" But what about Harris? well, not too long after we got to hear from NPH himself."

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/doctor-w...o-do-my-worst/
                          If NPH plays the version of himself from the Harold and Kumar movies in Doctor Who, I would have to watch that.

Comment

• Unless he's sitting on a unicorn, it doesn't look like he's playing Doogie or NPH from Harold and Kumar:

Click image for larger version

Name:	_125414529_hi076748354.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	395473

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-61813573

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                              Unless he's sitting on a unicorn, it doesn't look like he's playing Doogie or NPH from Harold and Kumar:

Click image for larger version

Name:	_125414529_hi076748354.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	395473

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-61813573
                              DAMMIT!

Comment

• Bernard Cribbins has passed away at 93.

https://www.gamesradar.com/bernard-c...ilway-children
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X